Wedding

Cora's POV

It had been a month since Fred proposed to me. I still couldn't believe what he did that night. It was completely out of the blue and I result didn't expect it. But, I was happy to marry him and hopefully spend the rest of my life with him.

"Cora!" I hear Molly shout from the other room.

"Yeah?" I shout back.

She walks in, holding a necklace in her hands. She walks over to me and holds it up.

"I want you to wear this," she says "it was mine when I was your age."

I look at the necklace. It was a silver dove with its wings outstretched. It was gorgeous.

"Awh Molly," I whispered. " are you sure?"

She smiles.

"Of course. I want you to have it now. You've been like a daughter to me and I couldn't ask for more."

I smile with tears in my eyes and she sighs.

"No crying on your wedding day." She says, carefully wiping the tears from my cheeks.

I giggle and she puts the necklace on me. She then steps back and smiles.

"You look absolutely gorgeous, Cora...I can't believe Fred is marrying you."

I blush and twirl in my dress a little.

"I couldn't ask for a better man in my life, Molly...I don't know what I'd do without him."

Molly smiles and kisses my cheek.

"And I couldn't ask for a better daughter in law..."

I smile and the door to the room opens and Remus walks in. He takes one look at me and I could see he was trying to hold back tears.

"Cora...y-you look...."

He fell silent as he looks at me.

"She looks like a princess..." Molly says.

Remus nods and Molly caresses my cheek before leaving Remus and I to talk. Remus fiddles with his hands before he walks over to me.

"How do I look?" He says, fixing his tie a little.

I giggle.

"You look very handsome! I'm sure Tonks loves it!"

He chuckles and he gently pulls me to his chest. I wrap my arms around him and snuggle into his chest.

"I love you, little cub..." he says.

I smile to myself.

"I love you too..."

1 Month Prior...

Remus and I stood in the kitchen whilst Fred took Emery on a walk. I stood at one end of the kitchen whilst Remus stood at the other end. He takes a sip of his tea and looks at the ground.

"I wanted to tell you..." he says. "I was planning to, but I didn't know when."

I look up at him and fiddle with the ring on my finger.

"I got to the point where I thought it'd be best if I didn't tell you at all. But, I knew you would find out the truth one day." He says.

"I...I'm not angry at you," I say. "It just hurt me that I found out that way..."

"I understand," he says. "Telling you whilst I was drunk wasn't the right way to do it. I hate myself for that."

I let out a sigh and look up at him.