{ Chapter 7 }

I groaned as I walked out the Gryffindor common room with Izzy.

"I hate Potions! I'm pretty sure Snape hates me! He never stops bothering me. Always asking me questions and making fun of me when I don't know the answers."

Izzy laughs and rubs my back.

"Listen, Snape is like that with everyone. He's just a strict professor." She says.

I sigh as we start walking towards his classroom.

"But...he...he just has something for me. He hates me, Izzy. I swear he does." I say.

Izzy shakes her head.

"Don't be ridiculous." She says. "How could he possibly hate you when you haven't done anything wrong? You're a good student, Cora."

We arrive to his class and we take our seats. I take my stuff out and place them in front of me. A few minutes later, Snape walks into the room and stands at the front and looks at us.

"They'll be no foolish wand waving in this class...no talking....no nothing. Just keep your mouths shut unless I ask you a question." He says, his eyes piercing into mine.

I look away and look at my hands. He starts the lesson and we do our work in silence as usual.

Halfway through the lesson, he talks us through the recipes of some potions that we'll be completing next term. The whole class was excited since we hadn't done any potion making yet. I was terrified though. Imagine mixing up your ingredients and getting the potion wrong...imagine Snape's face.

"Miss Potter are you listening?!" Snape's voice says, making me jump a little.

I look at him and nods.

"Yes Professor..." I say nervously.

He raises an eyebrow.

"Ok then. Tell me, what would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?" He asks.

I swallow.

"Erm...I...I don't know, sir..." I say.

He sighs.

"Pity. I asked your brother the exact same question when he was a first year and he too didn't know the answer. Must be a Potter thing." He says.

My eyes widen in shock and I tried hard to not say anything back to him. But, oh he noticed. He could see straight through me.

"Anything you want to say, Miss Potter? You look like you want to say something." Snape says, with anger in his voice.

I shake my head.

"No sir..."

"Say it! Be like your brother and say something!" He says.

My body began to shake slightly. My heart began to pound so loud I could hear it in my head. My breathing became quicker. Izzy must've noticed because she grab hold of my hand which was under the desk.

"Speak Potter!!" Snape bellowed.

I started to feel angry. Angry that he was angry at me. I didn't do anything. He's always bothering me. Making me feel like I'm useless all the time. Did he treat Harry like this? All the thoughts ran through my head as I tried so hard to remain calm. All of a sudden, the lights start flicking on and off. Everyone looked around and started freaking out. Snape looked puzzled too and he looked at me with anger in his eyes.

"You're just like your father!" He says.

That was it. I couldn't hold it back any longer. I stood up and slammed my hands on the desk.