{ Chapter 17 }

Cora never returned to Hogwarts to complete her 3rd year. She was still in grief about her mother. Instead, she stayed at the Burrow with Arthur and Molly. Their eldest son Bill returned home for a few weeks and him and Cora became great friends whilst he was staying. He told her stories about his time at Hogwarts and his current life in Egypt. He helped her with her mother's death and Cora was soon returning to her happy self. Of course she still had moments where she would be upset, but Molly never failed at cheering her up. Molly knew Cora still needed a mother figure with her, so she put her heart into being like a mother to Cora. Making sure she had a full stomach, making sure she had clean clothes and spoiling her with cuddles. Cora enjoyed her time at the Burrow, but she couldn't wait to be back at Hogwarts.

When Hogwarts started again, Cora had realised that everyone was super nice to her. Not that they had been before, but she noticed that they would smile at her and ask how her day had been. Even Professor Snape had a soft spot for her. Giving her small smiles whenever she walked into his class and praising her whenever she got a question right. This felt strange to Cora. She never knew Snape could be nice.

But there was one day that Cora couldn't figure out.

She was walking alone through the courtyard when somebody bumped into her, sending her books flying onto the floor. Cora looks up to see Crabbe and Goyle standing there with smirks on their faces.

"Where's your little mud-blood friend, Otis?" Crabbe asked.

Cora stayed silent and reached for her books but Goyle's foot kicked them further away.

"Hey! We're talking to you." He says.

"I...I don't know..."Cora whispers.

"What?" Says Goyle. "We can't hear you."

Cora swallows nervously.

"Just leave me alone."

The two boys sniggered.

"Why would we do that?" Crabbe asked, folding his arms.

"I think we need to teach little Potter a lesson." Goyle says, going to grab Cora.

"Oi!" A voice shouts from behind them.

They all turned and Cora felt her stomach dropped.

Draco Malfoy was walking up to them. He walks up to Crabbe and Goyle and looks at them.

"What are you doing?" He asked the pair.

"Well, were about to teach Potter a lesson." Crabbe says.

"Any reason why?" Draco says.

"Because she's Harry's sister so we bully her for it?" Goyle says, with confusion written on his face.

"Well, you're not going to do that." Draco replies.

"Who says?" Crabbe asked.

"Says me..." Draco says, stepping in between the two boys and Cora.

"Draco...what the heck? What has gotten into you?" Goyle asked.

"Nothing." Draco replies. "Now you better leave Cora alone or else you'll have me to deal with. Got it?" Draco says sternly.

Crabbe and Goyle look at each other and swallow nervously before walking away. Cora watches as Draco calms himself down before kneeling down and starts picking up Cora's books. Cora stood up and fiddles with her fingers. Draco stands up and hands Cora her books.

"Thank you..." she says.

Draco nods.

"You're welcome."