Secret Pt 4

Fred's POV

Today was George and I's birthday. The whole family was round my house celebrating.

I couldn't celebrate though...
Not without my two girls...
They had been gone for five months..

I sighed to myself as I sat out in the back garden, staring up at the sky. Stars shined brightly and I take a deep breath.

"I wish you was here, my darlings..." I whispered.

A cold breeze sent a chill down my spine and I smiled at the thought that it was a sign from Cora that she was thinking about me.

I then hear a pair of footsteps making their way towards me, before somebody sat down beside me.

"You ok, Freddie?" George asked me.

"Yeah..." I reply.

He nods.

"Me too..."

He stares at the stars with me and he smiles.

"You wish Cora and Emery were here?" He asked.

"More than anything..." I whispered.

He shuffles over a little and wraps his arm around my shoulder.

"Don't worry...I'm sure she's thinking of you."

I smile.

"Thanks Georgie..."

"Boys!" We here our mother shout from behind us. "It's time for cake!"

George and I laugh to ourselves before standing up and making our way into the Burrow. Everybody was crowded round the table whilst a cake sat in the middle with candles lit up.

"Ready everybody?!" Mother says to everyone.

They nod and they all start singing Happy Birthday to George and I.

"Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday dear -"

"Fredrick Gideon and George Fabian Weasley!" Bill, Charlie and Ron sang in.

George and I rolled our eyes and they all continued.

"Happy Birthday to you!"

We both take a deep breath and blew out the candles and everybody cheered and clapped. Our mother came over and hugged us both.

"Happy Birthday, my darlings!" She says, placing a kiss on both our cheeks.

"Thanks mum!" We say.

She walks away, ready to cut the cake for everyone and George looks at me.

"So, what did you wish for?" He asked.

I chuckled slightly.

"Is it obvious?"

He smiles and brings me to his chest.

A while later, we were all sat around the table, chatting about our childhood.

"Remember when the twins stole Charlie's clothes whilst he was in the shower?" Bill asked his parents.

They both laugh and nod.

"I remember that!" Mum says. "How old were they? Four?"

George and I laugh whilst Charlie rolled his eyes.

"And I had to chase them around the house?" Charlie says. "Still in a towel!"

"Awhh Charlieee!" George says. "If only you knew it would get worse."