A Scandal In Belgravia (Part 3)

"So, what's the plan?" John asked.

The three of you sat in a cab, supposedly on your way to Irene Adler's home. You had gone back to 221B so that Sherlock could change his outfit, though in your opinion, it didn't look like he changed anything.

"We know her address," Sherlock answered.

"What, just ring her doorbell?"

"Exactly."

"Brilliant," You said with a shake of your head.

"Just here, please," Sherlock said to the cab driver.

"You didn't even change your clothes," John commented.

"Then it's time to add a splash of color."

As the three of you climbed out of the cab, you decided to address the wardrobe choices. "So," You said, climbing out of the door, "I have a question about this whole outfit thing."

"What do you mean?" Sherlock asked, pulling off his scarf.

"Well, you have a cover, right? A disguise?"

"Obviously."

"Okay, so why didn't John change?"

Sherlock looked at his flat mate. "Because he's just playing a doctor. Civilian doctor."

"And what about me?" You asked

He looked at you for a moment. "You're...going to be...the doctor's wife," He said, scratching just behind his ear.

You looked down at your outfit. You wore a black skirt and a white button-up shirt. "So, why did I have to change and he didn't?"

Sherlock shrugged. "I thought you should look nice." He started to fold his scarf in his hands nervously. "And you look beaut–better...good. You look nice."

Your cheeks flushed and you turned away. John watched the two of you curiously, a smile playing at his lips. Sherlock finally cleared his throat and turned his attention to John. "Anyway, back to business."

"Are we here?" John asked, looking around for Irene Adler's place.

"Two streets away, but this'll do."

You glanced over at the two of them, a hand on your cheek as you still tried to hide the pink color.

"For what?" John asked.

"Punch me in the face."

John blinked in surprise. "Punch you?"

"Yes. Punch me, in the face." Sherlock gestured to his left cheek. "Didn't you hear me?"

"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking, but it's usually sub-text."

You laughed at John's joke, and he looked over at you, smiling proudly. While John was distracted, Sherlock sighed in exasperation.

"Oh, for god's sake."

And suddenly, Sherlock had punched John in the face. You gasped and covered your mouth in shock. Sherlock took quick breaths as he prepared for the now angry John to hit him back. John straightened up after recuperating from Sherlock's blow. He did not waste a second before he had punched Sherlock. You couldn't help the small shriek that escaped as you watched the fight go down. Sherlock stood up, gently touching his now injured cheek.

"Thank you," He said. "That was...that was-"

But John rammed into him, tackling him back to the ground.

"Oh my goodness," You said and rushed over to the wrestling boys.

John got Sherlock into a sort of choke hold. Sherlock was trying to get his friend to stop, as were you. "Okay! I think we're done now," Sherlock said trying to breathe.