The Final Problem (Part 7)

The day after the Musgrave incident, you woke up from your uneasy sleep with a big yawn. You stretched to wake yourself up better and then let out a long sigh. It took you another minute to slide away your covers and swing your legs over the side of the bed. Your feet sank into the carpeted floor as you pushed yourself up.
You stumbled over to your dresser, already stripping off your pajamas. You pulled on a pair of jeans and slipped on the first shirt that caught your eye.
You began to walk to the bathroom door that was connected to your bedroom, when you heard a loud CLANG! come from outside your room. You gasped and stared at your door. You remained there for a moment, panting in slight fear while also listening intensely for any more sounds. You leaned your ear closer to the door. The sound of clanking glass and more clanging metal caused you to jump and back away. You looked around your room, then grabbed the lamp off your bedside table to use as a weapon against whoever was out there.
You paused by your door. You took a few deep breaths to calm yourself before you would rush out and surprise the intruder. You nodded once and then proceeded. You whipped open the door and charged towards your enemy, screaming out a battle cry! However, you made it only three steps out the door when you stopped. You tilted your head in confusion.

"Sherlock?"

The detective stood frozen in the kitchen, a tea cup in one hand and a steaming kettle in the other. He blinked multiple times, squinting as he analyzed your method of attack.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"What am I doing?" You responded, lowering your weapon. "What are you doing?"

He held up the kettle. "Making tea."

"In my flat?"

"You gave me a key."

"For emergencies only," You said.

"I thought I'd make today an exception," He said sheepishly, putting the teacup and kettle down.

"Why?" You questioned, walking over to the counter and setting down your lamp.

"Well," He began, clearing his throat, "considering the events of yesterday, I figured it might be a nice surprise for you to have tea in the morning."

You sat down on the stool beside you. "Mrs. Hudson typically brings tea in the morning."

"I asked her to take a break today."

"What for?"

"So you can have tea in the morning with me."

You blinked in surprise, your mouth dropping open just slightly. You felt your cheeks grow warm. Sherlock smiled softly and scratched the back of his head nervously. He then turned around, grabbing a tray off the back counter. You watched as he placed the second teacup on the tray and poured the hot water into the teapot.

"I'm nearly finished now," He said.

You smiled in response, taking one of the folded napkins off the tray. Sherlock paused in his work to watch you for a moment.

"A swan-shaped napkin," You observed.

"Yes, well..." Sherlock put the kettle back on the stove. "...I know you liked them folded like that."

You stared at him for a moment, recalling your words when you saw the swan serviette option for John and Mary's wedding. It felt like a lifetime ago. Sherlock slid a cup filled with tea over to you.

"A-and if it's all right with you, I'd like to fold all your napkins as swans for the rest of...forever."

You looked down at the tea before you, a blush of embarrassment coating your cheeks this time.