The Great Game (Part 3)

"You like the funny cases, don't you? The surprising ones?" Detective Inspector Lestrade asked as you, Sherlock, and John followed him to his office.

"Obviously," Sherlock responded.

"You'll love this. That explosion..."

"Gas leak, yes?" You chimed in.

"No."

"No?" Sherlock said in slight shock.

"No. Made to look like one," Lestrade answered.

"What?" John asked as you entered Lestrade's office.

Sherlock immediately took note of a white envelope sitting on the desk, his name written on the front.

"Hardly anything left of the place except a strong box—a very strong box—and inside it was this," The DI explained, pointing to the envelope Sherlock was looking at.

"You haven't opened it?" Sherlock asked.

"It's addressed to you, isn't it?"

You stood just behind Sherlock, watching as he reached for the envelope.

"We've x-rayed it. It's not booby-trapped," Lestrade said.

"How reassuring," Sherlock mumbled slightly as he picked up the envelope. He brought it over to a lamp and examined it. His eyes flickered across the lettering that spelled out his name.

"What is it?" You asked.

"Nice stationery. Bohemian," He said.

"What?" Greg questioned.

"From the Czech Republic. No fingerprints?"

"No."

"She used a fountain pen. A Parker Duofold—iridium nib," Sherlock continued.

"'She'?" John piped up.

"Obviously," Sherlock responded.

"Obviously." You and John said together, though yours was more of a chuckle, and John sounded more exasperated.

Sherlock then took a letter opener from the desk and very carefully cut open the envelope. He peered inside and paused, seemingly in shock. Before you could ask what was inside, he reached in and pulled out a phone. A pink case wrapped around the device earned a gasp from just about everyone in the room.

"But that's...that's the phone, the pink phone," John said, confused about how it ended up in an envelope addressed to Sherlock.

"What, from 'A Study in Pink'?" Lestrade asked.

You nodded as an answer for the Detective Inspector as Sherlock began talking again. "Well obviously it's not the same phone but it's supposed to look like..." He suddenly paused as he realized what Lestrade just said. He turned around and faced him. 'A Study in Pink'? You read his blog?" 

You couldn't help the smile that spread on your face as Lestrade nodded, also smiling. "Course I read his blog! We all do," He said. "D'you really not know that the Earth goes round the Sun?" 

You let out a small laugh at that, but the moment you realized that Sally Donovan also laughed you immediately glared at her. Ever since the first time you met her, you disliked her and her treatment of Sherlock.
You leaned over to John. "Perhaps it was a bit mean to include that in your blog." 

John shrugged. "Maybe it'll make him realize that he should learn these simple things."

You glanced over at Sherlock as he swiped open the phone. You shook your head. "Not likely."
Five beeps echoed from the phone as you and John tuned back in to the conversation.