The Six Thatchers (Part 5)

A/n: This is chapter 50 guys! I can't believe I've gotten this far in this story and it's all thanks to each and every one of you! Thank you so much for your love and support! You really have no idea how much influence you guys have had on my life!
I love you all so much and will continue to tell you that as often as possible! 🤗💖
~Crazygirlp13

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"The curtain rises.
The last act.
It's not over.
London Aquarium.
Come immediately. SH"

That was the text you received. As soon as you'd read it, you had been running out the door and hailing a cab. You went so fast that you didn't have time to roll your eyes at Sherlock's dramatics.
Right when the cab stopped at the London Aquarium, you bolted outside, tossing money towards the cabbie. You ran towards the entrance. As you did so, you saw someone else doing the same. You recognized her immediately.

"Mary!"

She glanced back. When she saw you, she smiled and slowed down enough that you could catch up.

"Sherlock text you?" She asked.

"Obviously."

You both rushed inside. One of the workers tried to stop you both, but neither of you were going to stop.

"Police business!" You had shouted at him while jogging by. "Where is he?"

"Follow me!" Mary said.

So you did. The two of you ran through the underwater glass tunnels. Eventually, you heard a woman's voice echoing down the tunnels.

"There was once a merchant in a famous market in Baghdad."

You recognized the story but not the voice.

You heard Sherlock's faint sigh. "I really have never liked this story."

"I'm just like the merchant in the story. I thought I could outrun the inevitable. I've always been looking over my shoulder; always expecting to see the grim figure of..."

"...Death," Mary finished for the woman as the two of you walked into the room.

"Hello, Mary, y/n," Sherlock greeted you without turning his head.

"Hi," You replied, panting.

"Hey," Mary said a second later.

"John?" Sherlock inquired.

"On his way."

He nodded just slightly. "Let me introduce Vivian—also known as Amo."

You blinked in surprise, your mouth dropping open just slightly. You remembered Ajay talking about her.

"Ammo."

Mary had a more aggressive reaction.

"You were Amo? You were the person on the phone that time?"

"Using AGRA as her private assassination unit," Sherlock explained.

"Why did you betray us?" Mary asked the woman.

"Why does anyone do anything?" She responded.

"Oh, let me guess," Sherlock said. "Selling secrets?"

Vivian shrugged. "Well, it would be churlish to refuse. Worked very well for a few years. I bought a nice cottage in Cornwall on the back of it. But the ambassador in Tbilisi found out. I thought I'd had it." She then looked at Mary. "Then, she was taken hostage in that coup." She laughed. "I couldn't believe my luck! That bought me a little time."