His Last Vow (Part 6)

You, Sherlock, and John walked inside Charles Augustus Magnussen's home Appledore. As the security personnel led you through the house, you couldn't help but look around at everything.
The three of you were brought to a sitting area on a balcony. Magnussen sat on a long white sofa, sipping a drink, and watching a video on a high-tech television screen.

"I would offer you a drink but it's very rare and expensive," He commented.

"How gracious you are," You said sarcastically, not bothering with a formal greeting, seeing as he didn't either.

You and John stood facing Mr. Magnussen while Sherlock made his way to the sofa and sat down a few feet away from his adversary. He set the laptop between the two of them and sighed. His eyes found the television as he made himself quite comfortable.

"Oh..." He feigned surprise as he realized what was being played on the screen "...it was you."

You and John turned to view the video. You had never seen it before, but John seemed to recognize it.

"Yes, of course," Magnussen responded.

After a minute, you were finally able to realize what the video was. Sherlock was pulling John out of what appeared to be a bonfire that was alight with flames. Your mouth dropped open.

"Very hard to find a pressure point on you, Mr. Holmes."

"Mm," Sherlock hummed.

John walked closer to the television. You had redirected your attention to the conversation happening between Sherlock and Magnussen.

"The drugs thing I never believed for a moment," Magnussen continued. "Anyway, you wouldn't care if it was exposed, would you?"

Sherlock tilted his head to the side in thought before smirking, indicating that what Magnussen said was true.

Mr. Magnussen looked back at the screen. "But look how you care about John Watson." He chuckled as he took another sip of his drink. "I was very curious to see what would happen if it were Miss y/n you would need to save. Your little damsel in distress."

Your blood ran cold upon hearing this. The sudden thought of being trapped under a bonfire scared you. Sherlock looked at you with concern, before glancing over to the man beside him with repressed anger.

"However," Magnussen said, smiling at you, "the opportunity never arose. Though I can only imagine."

John finally interjected into the conversation. "You..." He walked towards the man, quite angry. "...put me in a fire...for leverage?"

"Oh, I'd never let you burn, Doctor Watson." He leaned forward and placed his glass on the table. "I had people standing by." Magnussen stood. "I'm not a murderer...unlike your wife."

John's hands clenched into fists at the mention of Mary.

Magnussen walked towards the television. "Let me explain how leverage works." He slid his finger over the screen, swiping away the video. He turned around and faced the three of you. "For those who understand these things, Mycroft Holmes is the most powerful man in the country. Well...apart from me."

John tilted his head at him in question while Sherlock smirked slightly. You simply scoffed at him.

"Mycroft's pressure point is his junkie detective brother Sherlock. Sherlock's pressure points are his best friends, John Watson and Miss y/n y/l/n. Y/n's pressure point is her deceased brother."

You withheld a gasp at this statement. Sherlock had a confused look on his face—an expression that went unnoticed to everyone. Your hands clenched into fists, the urge to fight barely suppressed. How could he possibly know about-?