Epilogue (Part 4)

During that entire time, Sherlock was doing his due diligence as he searched the upstairs part of Moran's mansion. He looked in each room thoroughly, trying to find any signs of Moran or Samuel.
He was just beginning to give up hope on finding anything here when he entered the last room upstairs.
The room had a small entrance way that connected to a bathroom. But right before the entrance to the rest of the room, there was a locked metal door. At the top of the metal door, there was a panel that could slide open so that someone could look inside the room. Sherlock took advantage of this.
Peeking into the room-turned-prison, the consulting detective could not see much. There was a small bed on the right side, a wooden chair, a table, and a boy.

"Samuel?"

The boy looked up when he heard his name. He locked eyes with Sherlock and immediately burst into tears.

"No, no, no! Don't cry!" Sherlock urged. "I'm here to help you, Samuel. Your mother sent me to find you."

Samuel sniffed and wiped at his eyes. "Mummy?"

"Yes, your mummy," Sherlock said, nodding. "Now sit tight, okay? I'm going to go get my friend to help me get you out of here."

Samuel nodded at the detective. Sherlock smiled reassuringly and then closed the panel. He spun around, ready to race down the stairs to find you. But just as he stepped into the hallway, he was taken down by a swift punch to the throat. He collapsed on the ground, gasping for breath. The next moment, he was hit across the face with the butt of a gun and fell unconscious.

***

You woke up in the same spot you'd been when Moran knocked you out. An instant throbbing attacked your head, causing your brain to feel fuzzy. It took a full minute before you were able to focus on the wood-paneled ceiling above you. Once the world was no longer blurry, you began to push yourself up.
You started slowly, propping yourself up on your elbows. You let the spinning room subside, waiting for the desk to come into focus. You groaned while leaning forward. You lifted your knees, and prepared to stand. With more effort than you thought would be necessary, you pushed forward, straightening up on your feet.
The pain in your head got worse. You touched your right temple that had been hit with the gun and instantly winced, sucking in a sharp breath. You looked down at your fingers and saw blood. You let out a shaky breath, diverting your attention from the blood to the room.
That was when you found John slumped against the wall.

"John!" You cried.

You stumbled towards his unconscious form while ignoring the throbbing in your head. You dropped to your knees beside him, immediately noticing the blood and bruises that covered him. You took a deep breath.

"Oh, please be okay." You gently shook him. "Wake up. John, wake up."

He did not stir. You began to feel panicked.

"John? John, wake up!" You cried, shaking him harder.

He groaned which caused you to stop.

"John?"

He still did not wake up though. Tears stung your eyes. What had Moran done to him when you were unconscious?
You looked back towards the door. Moran had to still be in the house. He wouldn't have left. He was fulfilling Moriarty's final revenge.
That was when a horrifying thought occurred to you.

Sherlock.

He was going after Sherlock next. You vigorously shook John once more.

"Wake up, John! I need you! He's gonna kill Sherlock!"

You still only got a pained groan from him. You sat there in silence for a minute, feeling completely lost. What were you to do now?
Your eyes gradually drifted down to the floor right next to John's hand. Sitting just a few inches away from him was his gun. Your eyes widened just slightly. It must have slipped from his hand when Moran knocked him out.
You cautiously reached forward and took the weapon. It felt heavy and light at the same time which confused and even terrified you.