The Six Thatchers (Part 4)

🎉HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!🎉

I hope 2022 brings you all love and happiness!

I hope that you guys enjoy this chapter! I was very excited to write it and have looked forward to sharing it with you all!

Thank you all so much for your love and support! I love you all a crazy bunch!

~Crazygirlp13

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"I think I've got you this time," said the consulting detective.

"Not like this, my friend! You haven't got a chance, not a chance!" The boy who sat across from him declared. "I've got you where I want you. Give in! Give in! I will destroy you. You're completely at my mercy!"

You watched the two of them with a smile on your face. You sat at the head of the table, your legs criss-crossed.

"Mr. Baker," Sherlock said confidently. "Well that completes the set."

"No it does not," The young man retorted.

"Well, who else am I missing?"

"Master Bun," Answered the boy. "It's not a set without him. How many more times, Mr. Sherlock?"

You chuckled and shook your head. You didn't understand the card game at all, despite having watched them play for quite a while. You looked up when you saw someone enter. You smiled a bit wider when you saw it was Mary.

"Maybe it's because I'm not familiar with the concept," Sherlock responded. "Oh, hi, Mary," He added nonchalantly.

"What concept?" The boy asked.

"Happy families," Answered the detective.

You shook your head. The name of the card game fit well with the situation at hand, thereby allowing Sherlock's statement to make sense.

Sherlock looked up at Mary. "Nice trip?"

"How the f-?" She started to say.

"Please, Mary," Sherlock interrupted her, "there is a child present."

She sighed. "How did you get in here?"

"Karim let me in," He said, indicating the boy he'd been playing cards with.

Karim smiled and raised a hand in a wave. "Hello."

Mary nodded at him in response. She then pulled down her headscarf to reveal her dark hair.

"Karim," Sherlock said looking at the boy, "would you be so kind as to fetch us some tea?"

"Sure."

"Thank you."

Karim stood up and smiled at Mary. "Nice to meet you, missus."

He exited the room. Mary waited a moment before she turned her attention to Sherlock. She walked over to the side of the table that Karim had been.

"No, I-I-I mean how did you find me?" She asked.

"I'm Sherlock Holmes," He responded.

You snorted. "Cause that's answer enough for her."

"No, really, though, how?" She asked, proving your point. "Every movement I made was entirely random; every new personality just on the roll of a dice!"

"Mary, no human action is ever truly random. An advanced grasp of the mathematics of probability mapped onto a thorough apprehension of human psychology and the known dispositions of any given individual can reduce the number of variables considerably."