The Reichenbach Fall (Part 3)

"Sherlock," John said, urgency in his voice.

You had been in the lab at St. Bart's Hospital with John, Sherlock, and Molly for the last few hours. The four of you were working together to piece together clues to find the kidnapped children as well as Jim Moriarty—the mastermind behind this case.
Sherlock and Molly were employing their chemistry skills to analyze the oil in the kidnapper's footprint. By doing this, they could track his most recent locations.
You and John, however, occupied yourselves with the evidence photos that had been brought over.
Now, it seemed, John found something of importance.

"Hmm?" Sherlock responded after hearing his name.

You set down your stack of photographs and followed John as he walked towards the consulting detective.

"This envelope that was in her trunk," He explained. "There's another one."

"What?"

John pulled an envelope out of his jacket pocket. "On our doorstep. Found it today." He looked at the seal on the back and smiled. "Yes, and look at that." He handed both the photo and the envelope to Sherlock. You leaned closer to get a better look. "Look at that," John said again. "Exactly the same seal."

"What's inside of them?" You questioned.

Sherlock reached into the envelope and pulled out the contents. "Breadcrumbs."

"Uh-huh." John nodded. "It was there when I got back."

"A little trace of breadcrumbs," Sherlock said softly, "hardback copy of fairy tales."

You nodded, remembering the book Sherlock had pulled out earlier. "Grimm's Book of Fairytales."

Sherlock suddenly came to a realization. "Two children led into the forest by a wicked father follow a little trail of breadcrumbs."

"That's 'Hansel and Gretel,'" John said. "What sort of kidnapper leaves clues?"

"The sort that likes to boast—the sort that thinks it's all a game."

"Yeah, I mean, we've already established that it's Moriarty," You added. "He's given us clues before, remember?"

"Yes," Sherlock responded. "He sat in our flat and said these exact words to me: 'All fairytales need a good old-fashioned villain.'"

You shook your head. "Can't do without a touch of drama."

This new information had sparked something in Sherlock's mind though. He set down the items in his hand and looked back into the microscope. "The fifth substance—it's part of the tale." He looked up again momentarily. "The witch's house."

"What?"

"The glycerol molecule."

You watched as his face lit up. He figured out the last clue!

"PGPR!"

"What's that?" John asked.

Sherlock was on his feet quickly. "It's used in making chocolate."

The three of you soon find yourselves walking hurriedly out of the lab.

"Where are we going now?" You asked.

"Scotland Yard," Sherlock answered. "We have to get this information to Lestrade."

***

At Scotland Yard, you followed closely behind John, Sherlock, and Lestrade. The Detective Inspector turned to Sherlock and handed him a piece of paper. "This fax arrived an hour ago."