Epilogue (Part 3)

The day after your visit to Mrs. Adair, Sherlock was already hard at work trying to find this Sebastian Moran. He had all the contents of Mr. Adair's file pinned up on the evidence wall. Three laptops sat on the dining table. None of them were currently open.
It was nine thirty in the morning when you emerged from the bedroom. You found Sherlock standing on the couch, going over the information posted on the wall. He glanced back when he heard you enter.

"Good morning," He greeted you with a warm smile.

You tried to return the favor, but you were still too shaken to do so. "Morning," You said in response, subconsciously rubbing your stomach.

Sherlock noticed how rattled you seemed and his expression morphed to one of confusion and concern. "Are you all right?"

"Hmm?"

"You seem...off." He stepped on the coffee table and then dropped to the ground. "Ever since yesterday you've been different. Upset, maybe? Are you upset with me? Did I do something wrong? Did I upset you at the Adairs'?"

You shook your head. "No, no. It's not that. I just..." You ran a hand through your hair. "...I don't know."

Sherlock watched you for a moment. He then waved you forward. "Come here."

You raised an eyebrow at him, wondering what he was about to do. He urged you closer again so you gave in. He took your hands in his and then directed you to sit. You both sat down on the floor in the middle of the living room. He scooted closer to you, still holding your hands.

"Y/n, when we got married, we made promises to each other. We promised to love one another. We promised we'd stick by when one of us is sick. We promised we'd be there for one another no matter what. So, we need to be honest with each other, yeah?"

You sighed and nodded. "Yeah."

"All right. Now talk to me," He urged. "And tell the truth."

You laughed a bit. "What, you want me to promise you? Swear it?"

Sherlock shrugged, a small smile gracing his lips. "Maybe."

You smiled widely, straightened up, and placed your right hand over your heart while lifting your left hand. "'I solemnly swear that I am up to no good,'" You jokingly quoted from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

Sherlock rolled his eyes. "Come on. Quit quoting things I've never seen or read."

You gave him a playful shove, before getting serious. "I swear I will tell you the truth."

"Thank you."

You took a deep breath and then dove into your explanation. You told him everything that happened while you were at the Adairs' house. The sick feeling when you entered Samuel's room, the way you related Samuel's situation to Victor's, the panic attack you had in the washroom, throwing up, all of it.
Sherlock sat there and listened to everything you had to say. He was very attentive to you.

"I just feel so lost," You said, finishing your story.

Sherlock was silent for a minute. You knew he was thinking about what to say, so you waited patiently. You needed his help in this situation.

Finally, Sherlock spoke, "It's difficult for me to find the right words to say. I don't want to mess this up, because I want to help you."

"And I want your help," You said, voice wavering.

Sherlock nodded understandingly. "It's been three years since the Musgrave incident. I would understand if you still haven't been able to put Victor from your mind yet."