Epilogue (Part 1)

A/n: So, it turns out that the idea I have for the epilogue will take more than one chapter. I didn't anticipate it being so long, but here we are! I'm sure you won't mind if I turn the epilogue into at least a two or three part storyline though, right?

Turns out I just can't let go yet. I'm milking this story for all it's worth! (Hopefully I don't butcher it though 😅).

One last case for the detective trio, eh?

I hope you all enjoy! Thanks so much for reading!

I love you all a crazy bunch! 😜💖

~Crazygirlp13

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Your eyes were locked on his, tears waiting to fall. It wasn't because you were sad. They were happy tears. You were happier than you'd ever been, standing before your lifelong love Sherlock Holmes. Your hands were interlocked with his. Neither of you could take your eyes off of one another.
Today was your wedding day—the day that both of you would stand up in church together and make your vows to each other. The day the two of you would officially be unified. After today, the two of you would be a family.

"Dearly beloved," The officiant announced, "we are gathered here today in the sight of God, to bring together this man and this woman in holy matrimony."

He continued talking, but you were hardly listening. You were completely immersed in your happiness—in your overwhelming love for Sherlock—that you tuned everything else out. Until it was absolutely necessary to listen, of course.

The officiant looked at Sherlock. "Sherlock, repeat after me," He instructed. "I, Sherlock Holmes..."

"I, Sherlock Holmes..." He repeated. The officiant continued as did Sherlock. "...take you, y/n Trevor...to be my wife...to have and to hold...from this day forward...for better or for worse...for richer or for poorer...in sickness and in health...to love and to cherish, excluding all others...as long as we both shall live."

"Very good," The officiant said with a nod. He then turned to you. "Y/n, repeat after me. I, y/n Trevor..."

You did as instructed. "I, y/n Trevor...take you, Sherlock Holmes...to be my husband...to have and to hold...from this day forward...for better or for worse...for richer or for poorer...in sickness and in health...to love and to cherish, excluding all others...as long as we both shall live."

Your smile grew wider as you finished. Sherlock did as well, and you felt him squeeze your hands just slightly in excitement.

"Now," The officiant said, looking to the ring bearer, "may we have the rings?"

Archie stepped forward and gave the wedding bands to him. After figuring out which ring was which, the officiant handed one to Sherlock and one to you.

"Sherlock, repeat after me."

Sherlock took your left hand, preparing to slide the ring onto your finger. "I, Sherlock Holmes, give you, y/n Trevor, this ring as a sign of my dedication and love."

He slid the ring onto your finger. Your cheeks felt warm as you stared at the beautiful piece of jewelry. You looked back up at Sherlock, your eyes locking onto his. The warmth grew and you knew your cheeks were bright red. You did not care though. You simply prepared to do your part now. You gently took Sherlock's left hand and waited to slip the wedding band on his finger.

"Repeat after me," The officiant told you.

And you did. "I, y/n Trevor, give you, Sherlock Holmes, this ring as a sign of my dedication and love."