The Blind Banker (Part 4)

You were once again in John and Sherlock's flat. So much had happened in the past twenty-four hours.
The three of you found the girl named Soo Lin Yao to gain her help in deciphering the graffiti code. Unfortunately, she was shot and killed by her brother before she could tell you anything.
After that, Sherlock was able to convince Detective Inspector Dimmock that there was more to the case than he was believing.
This gained them access to all of Brian Lukis's and Eddie Van Coon's books. That way the cipher could be decoded—Soo Lin Yao had mentioned a book before she died. You were now staring at multiple crates of books.

"So the numbers are references," Sherlock said.

"To books," John added.

"To specific pages and specific words on those pages," Sherlock corrected.

"Right, so fifteen and one means.."

"Turn to page fifteen and it's the first word you read."

"Okay, so what's the message?" John asked.

"Depends on the book. That's the cunning of the book code. Has to be one that they both owned," Sherlock explained.

"Okay, right. Well this shouldn't take too long, should it?" John said sarcastically.

You smiled, appreciating his joke. "No, we're definitely in for a long night."

***

The next day, you entered their flat once again.

"So, what's on the agenda for today?" You asked.

After hours of sorting through books last night, you decided to go home and get some sleep. From what you could tell, Sherlock and John didn't get much sleep themselves.
Sherlock was still sorting through the books causing you to chuckle quietly. You noticed John was holding something in his hand and you furrowed your eyebrows.

"What's that?" You asked and read it. "Yellow Dragon Circus, huh? What for?"

"Uh, I've got a date tonight," John answered.

You felt a pang of disappointment upon hearing that John was going out with someone other than you.
You quickly shook your head. Don't think like that! John seems happy about this.

"Oh!" You said recovering quickly. "What's her name?"

"Sarah."

You smiled. "And you're taking her to the circus? Was this Sherlock's idea?"

"Hey!" Sherlock called from the living room, sounding a bit offended.

"Yes, but I was not planning on taking advice from him," John said, raising his voice so Sherlock could hear as well.

Sherlock huffed and went back to searching through the tubs of books. You laughed slightly and grabbed the paper John had in his hand. You read the description of it and then shrugged.

"I don't know, it sounds kinda fun," You said and John raised his eyebrows.

He sighed and grabbed the paper back. "If you think so," He mumbled.

You rolled your eyes a smile on your face. You looked to where Sherlock was and barely caught him staring at you. He looked away immediately though and pulled out another book. You brushed a strand of hair out of your face and strode over to him.

"Mind if I help?" You asked.

"Why would you want to do that?" He asked.

You shrugged. "I don't know. I was helping you last night. I don't have anything else to do. And it looks like you could use some help with your flatmate going off to the circus."