Chapter 2 - The world comes crashing

"W-what?" I stuttered heartbroken as my world came crashing down.

No wonder we had to move all of the time. People I didn't know were hunting me because they thought I possessed some unknown power.

It made total sense now why my mother and father pushed me as hard as they did in training and made sure I knew how to track, hunt, forage, fight, and handle myself in any situation. They were preparing me for whatever was to come in the only way they knew how to.

"We are so sorry sweetie," my mother said apologetically as she walked over to the love seat and wrapped her arms around me.

"I wish we didn't have to tell you but things are getting more dangerous by the day and now it was more dangerous that you didn't know. Now that you do, we keep training and you must never tell anyone about this information. The only time you will ever have to reveal your true last name is if you meet your mate and reject them." My father said sincerely as he also comes over beside me and started rubbing my back.

"But this can't be about me. I don't have any powers and I don't want them if it means I have to lose you guys. I love you more than anything in the world." I cried out tearfully as I pulled them in for a hug and sobbed.

"Oh sweetie, we know. We have never stopped looking for answers and taking precautions to protect you." My mother cooed as she wiped away my tears

"Right now they have no idea you exist. They think it's me that the prophecy is talking about. But that makes what we have to do next a little easier." She said steadily as her voice broke at the end and she started to sob, tears of her own starting to stream down her cheeks.

I squeezed her hand and hugged her again as tears started to form in my eyes. I looked towards my dad in confusion wanting to what she was talking about.

"The only way to keep you safe from here on out is to" he began but then he started to cry as well before taking a shaky breath and forcing himself to continue.

"We have to send you to live with a pack without us. No one will know who you are and you will be protected from any dangers better than we can by ourselves." He choked out as sobs racked his body.

"What! No! I'm not leaving you guys. I don't care if it's safer for me, you are the only people I care about and I don't know what I would do if something happened to you and I wasn't here to help" I exclaimed panicking as I stood up out of their grasp.

"Isabella Renee!" My dad said firmly as he stood up as well. "The decision is final. We will not have you in harm's way when it can be prevented. We have already spoken with the alpha of the silver shadow pack and he has agreed to take you in, though he thinks you are an orphan we found while wandering that we will kill if he doesn't take in. You will be leaving first thing in the morning. Your mother has already packed you a backpack with everything you could need on your way there."

He motioned to a medium-sized backpack sitting by the bookcase that looked filled to the brim. "But dad.." I began helplessly but he cut me off.

"There are no buts, Izzy, we have to do this. There is no other way. You know how much we love you and we would never want to leave you but in order for all of us to make it out of this alive, it has to be done." He said with finality

I hung my head as tears started pouring down my cheeks. I can't believe they are sending me away. I want to be here to help them not be tucked away like some breakable toy. I knew once my father made up his mind though there was no talking him out of it.

I slumped back down onto the loveseat next to my mother. She wrapped her arms around me and pulled me onto her lap even though I'm almost her size and hugged me tightly. She was sobbing herself and soon my shirt was wet due to both of our tears.