Chapter 13 - Meeting others

Emma looked at me and I quickly nodded as we took off towards the girl's screams.

As we got closer we saw 2 girls about 15-16 being chased by a group of rouges and there were 3-5 men unconscious on the ground around two SUVs.

One rouge was about to grab the smallest girl when I launched myself into him as Emma threw herself onto another sending all four of us tumbling to the ground.

The commotion made the other four rouges stop and whip around as both girls came to a halt watching us with wide eyes.

I kicked the one off of me and got to my feet positioning myself in front of the girls as Emma got to her feet as well.

We took defensive potions in front of both girls and bared our teeth at the rouges who just looked at one another laughing.

One of them stepped forward towards us and I growled angrily, snapping my teeth at him.

"Whoa. We don't want any trouble, just give us the girls and we will be on our way. This has nothing to do with you" he said determined as he held his hands up in defense.

I growled deeper and took a step towards him. "Whether we have anything to do with this or not, these girls are just children and they aren't going anywhere with you" I stated angrily. I noticed movement and quickly glanced over, noticing that the boys around the SUVs were starting to move and wake up.

While I was distracted he launched himself at me digging his claws into my shoulders as he brought me down to the ground with a hard thump. I yelped and pushed him off of me before kicking him in his chest sending him flying back towards the other rouges.

I winced as I touched the marks that had already started to close and got to my feet.

"So that's the way we're going to play it, huh?" I asked rhetorically as I glanced at Emma. She grinned and nodded her head enthusiastically, so I stepped back and threw my shoulders back releasing my wings as my claws grew from my hands and my fangs shot out.

They stood there wide-eyed while the girls cowered in fear behind us taking a few steps back. "You have no idea who you're messing with" Serenity and I growled together as she came forward and I threw myself at the group. I dodged a flurry of punches before one connected with my jaw knocking me down.

I quickly got up and swung my leg as I stood, swiping of few rouges legs in the process, knocking them to the ground. Using that distraction I socked one in the face before turning and ducking under another swing sending an uppercut into his jaw that knocked him unconscious.

One of the other rouges got to his feet and tacked me with his arms around my waist. I just grinned and pushed off the ground sending us up into the air. He slipped and started to fall so I dove down and landed on his back smashing him into the ground with a bone-shattering thud.

I looked around and saw 4 of the 6 rouges knocked out on the ground. One of the two that was still conscious was under Emma as she swiped at his chest and face while one was about to pounce on her from the side.

I lunged at him dragging my claws down his back which made him scream and Emma whip around.

He quickly spun around and lunged at me sending me flailing into a tree, knocking the breath out of me. I choked and gasped, taking a moment to breathe as I shakily got to my feet only to see him running straight at me again.

(I'm getting really tired of this fucking kid) Serenity growled in my mind and surged forward, taking over. I took off running and jumped at the rouge shifting mid-leap.

The rouge stumbled and looked shocked as my paws landed against his chest knocking him to the ground. I growled in his face before clamping my teeth down into his shoulder. He howled out as I shook him viciously before throwing him to the side which slammed him into a tree.

I growled loudly and spun around ready to attack but all I saw was Emma with her hands up in surrender. "Hey Izz, it's okay. They are taken care of and neither of the girls was hurt. Shift back" she said lightly trying not to agitate me even more.

Serenity growled softly once more before relinquishing control, allowing me to focus and shifting back. I retracted my wings and brushed off my clothes.

Emma nodded at me and smiled as we hugged before making our way towards the girls only to hear another group of growls coming from behind us.

I spun around and saw the guys that were unconscious by the SUV finally on their feet and in a defensive pose ready to attack us.

I was about to say something as I got into a defensive position as well when the girls ran up jumping in front of us holding their hands out to the guys. "Wait don't! They saved us" the littlest one said. She was the one that was almost grabbed by the rouge in the beginning.

"Yeah what the hell do you think you're doing? You guys got jumped and Lisa was almost snatched before these girls jumped in and you were what? going to attack them?!" The taller one beside her said. "Yeah! What the hell guys" the little one pouted as she put her hands on her hips and started to tap her foot.

Now that I got to take a good look at them. These girls looked to be about 16. The shorter one that had spoken fist had shoulder-length red hair and was about 5'2. The taller girl was about 5'7 and had long brown hair set in curls and up in a ponytail that was a little haywire from all of the running.

The guys all stopped growling and slowly stood up looking at us quizzically.

"You mean to tell me. These two girls took out all six of these guys by themselves?" One piped up making the others chuckle.

I growled lowly and stepped out around the girls coming face to face with him in a challenge. He had brown hair and eyes and a slight stubble going. He looked like he was around my age if not a little younger.

"Do you see anyone else here that could've done it? While you boys got your asses handed to you we managed to take them down and keep these girls safe when we didn't have to. We could've gone on our way and there's no telling what would've happened to them. Do you see us still attacking even though we've had the chance and plenty of time too? No? Then shut the fuck up and back the fuck down." I growled angrily as I held eye contact ready to pounce on him.

"Well fucking said Izz" Emma piped up proudly which made Serenity laugh in my head but I didn't react as I kept my gaze steeled on him.

He looked shocked for a moment before anger flashed in his eyes. Just as he was about to jump at me one of the guys behind him came up and put a hand on his shoulder stopping him.

"Hey there's no need for any more fighting, I'm sorry we were about to attack you. All we knew was there was a group of rouges attacking and then we saw you stalking towards the girls. Let's all just calm down" he said as he gave a stern look to the other guy who had spoken. He just nodded stiffly but shoving his hand away and stalking back towards the SUV's. I stepped back and relaxed, retracting my wings, and claws.

The guy who had stepped in was around 17 and had short blonde hair that swept to the side and had bright blue eyes. He chuckled "Why don't we try to get off on a better foot".

He held his hand out to me and I shook it.

"I'm Ryan and I'm a werewolf as are the twins Luke and Tyler, Seth is a vampire, and you've met Zayn, he's a demon. Literally." He said as he laughed and pointed everyone out.

"Nice to meet you guys, I'm Izzy and I'm yet to be determined and my gorgeous companion over there is Emma, she's a werewolf as well" as said as I turned back to her.

She mocked giving me the puppy dog eyes And blowing kisses at me before smiling and waving at the group "Hey guys"

"You both already met the girls but that one is Lisa, our resident fairy," he said motioning to the redhead. "and I'm Avery, the witch" the brunette with the ponytail said eagerly as she flashed a huge smile at me.

As they each were pointed out, most of them smiled and nodded, but both girls turned and waved at us enthusiastically before Lisa ran straight for me crushing me in a hug barely giving me time to react which made us crash to the ground.

"Thank you so much for jumping in when you did. I really thought he had me" she mumbled as she hugged me tighter.

I laughed and hugged her back "it was nothing munchkin, I'm just glad we were in the area and able to help." I said as I ruffled her hair a little and stood us back up.