Chapter 3 - Alone...I think

As I quickly made my way through the tunnel, I did eventually turn the flashlight on because I couldn't see to run.

I was nearing the end when I faintly heard the sound of the bookcase moving in the distance along with someone yelling 'got it!'

I knew it wouldn't be long until they came out this way so I needed to get out of here. I came to another door at the end of the tunnel after following the fork and pushed it open.

It opened into a small, circular, concrete room with a spiral staircase in the middle that had light coming from the top. I closed the door behind me and locked it in place before running up the staircase. It felt like I had to have climbed at least 6  floors, but as I went the light kept getting brighter.

Finally, I came to the end and had to hoist myself up onto the platform.

As I looked around there were maps of the area, weapons, medical equipment, and a plethora of other stuff all in different stages of decay. I realized it was an abandoned ranger outpost.

I quickly grabbed a map, some extra equipment, a handgun, and a few boxes of bullets that I shoved into another bag that was on the floor of the cabin.

After that, I made my way outside and stopped to listen to the river. Werewolf hearing means my ears are pretty sensitive, so it didn't take long to pinpoint it to the north.

I took off running again before eagerly leaping off of the platform. I shifted into my wolf mid-jump and landed on my paws with a light thud.

Most werewolves don't shift until they were 16 and then they meet their mate at 18, but I had shifted when I was six.

*Flashback*

I had just got home from school and was excitedly telling my mom about my day since it was "show and tell" when shooting pains ran through my body making me cry out hysterically.

My bones started to break soon after which only made me sob harder. My mom and dad both stayed by my side for the whole miserable 7-hour experience and when it was finally done they stared at me in awe.

My mother got to her feet and grabbed the wall mirror behind us. She brought it over and watched me amused as I went to stand shakily on my paws for the first time. Once I had my balance she brought the mirror down and if I was in human form, I would've gasped out loud.

Instead of seeing my normal blonde hair, blue eyes, and freckles, I had bright blue eyes and jet black wolf with golden swirls wrapping around my entire body. On my back left hindquarter, there was a golden outline in the shape of a crescent moon. I also had golden tipped ears, tail, and paws.

No one has seen a black wolf with markings like mine so I tend to stick out a good bit. 

*Flashback over*

I shook my fur out and took off towards the river. 

I was running for about 20 minutes and was deep in thought when all of a sudden I felt the wall in my mind break that I didn't realize I put up.

(HEY BITCH!) My wolf Serenity mind linked me frustrated. I yelped softly and stumbled for a second before regaining myself.

(You can't do shit like that Rin! I almost wiped out) I mind liked back irritably. 

(That's your own damn fault for putting the wall up when I've been trying to reach you since we were on our way home before you sensed danger. You can't do that, I'm here to help and if you shut me out, I can't help.) she responded aggressively. I huffed but knew she was right.