Chapter 5 - Just another day in paradise

Beep!

Beep!

Beep!

"Ugggggh" I grumble tiredly as my hand shoots out from under the covers to silence the alarm clock.

I miscalculate and shove it off of the nightstand. "Son of a bitch!" I exclaim frustratedly before kicking the covers off of me, staring up at the ceiling for a moment.

I throw my legs out of bed and as soon as my feet hit the concrete floor I regretted setting that alarm for so early. I didn't want to be up this early, let alone at all. But in order to do my mini birthday celebrations and be able to train by myself, I had to.

I picked the clock up off of the ground squinting at it in the dark as I place it back on the stand. No one should have to wake up at 4 am.

Sighing to myself while briefly rubbing my face, I turned around and walked stiffly towards the bathroom to begin my morning routine.

When I was done I came back out and crossed the room to the small dresser in the corner. To anyone else, it looked like just that. A small beat-up dresser that was missing a few drawers. For me, though all it took was a wave of my hand and the dresser started to shimmer.

I walked through the dresser and into the hidden closet I had conjured two years ago when my magic started to develop.

Shortly after I was initiated into the pack my powers started to show themselves just like my parents had said. It started with mind-reading and enhanced healing as well as speed and strength.

After that, I slowly started to develop more over the past six years like being able to heal others and doing small amounts of magic.

*Flashback*

I had been tossing and turning tirelessly in bed all night. My body was still sore from being beaten earlier. I wasn't able to stand and leave earlier when commanded to after I was slapped for disrespecting the alpha. All I did was sneeze accidentally while he was having a meeting.

He had ordered me to get drinks for everyone, and I was about to leave the room when I had the itchy feeling like I was about to sneeze.

Before I could stop it I had sneezed and the alpha actually stopped his meeting to glare at me. I quickly excused myself and apologized but as I went to turn towards the door again he slapped me, knocking me to the ground as he berated me for interrupting them.

He then ordered me to leave but I kept crashing back to the floor from how weak I was from not being allowed to eat. He grew frustrated and started to kick and hit me until I was covered and blood and bruises. I think he may have cracked a rib or two as well. He then grouchily ordered me to my room and stalked back over to the table, continuing the meeting.

It took all of my strength to finally pull myself off of the floor, I'm sure I had a a least a few broken bones when all was said and done.

I slowly limped out and to my room next door. He said he needed me close in case he needed anything, I shuddered at the thought. Once there I collapsed onto the bed and fell unconscious.

I suddenly woke up around midnight and tried forcing myself to go back to sleept no avail.

Out of nowhere, a shooting pain ripped through my body before settling as a migraine behind my eyes making me cry out and curl into a ball while clutching my head.

It kept pulsing while getting worse and worse until it felt like my head was going to explode. The pain went on for 2 hours when finally around 2 am it slowly started to lessen and I was finally able to breathe easy again before unexpectedly falling unconscious once more.