Chapter 19 - To close for comfort

The tingling sensation got stronger as the ringing in my ears got louder and louder before everything stopped altogether. I opened my eyes and looked around to see that all 9 of us had safely made it to the safe house.

I removed myself from the circle, taking a step back. As I did I got really lightheaded which made me stumble for a few steps. Just as I was about to fall Tyler snapped his arm out grabbing mine as he steadied me on my feet.

"That took more out of me than I expected," I said light-heartedly as I got my bearings again.

"Izzy, please tell me we're not where I think we are," Emma said uneasily as she looked around the room we were in.

"It was the closest place I knew of to where we need to be. We will be out of here soon and then we won't have to worry about them" I said nervously as I walked over to the window to look out.

"I'm not worried about blood brood in the slightest," Emma said angrily pulling away from the group "I want to rip them limb from limb for what they did to you" she growled aggressively as everyone else in the room froze.

I turned around looked over at Luke and Tyler to see them staring at me intensely. "What does she mean by what they did to you," Luke asked tensely as he clenched his jaw.

I didn't want to get into everything right now so I just tried to play it off hoping she would drop it. "Nothing. She means nothing. Hey, why don't we all head out? " I asked quickly trying to change the conversation.

"Nothing?!" Emma asked incredulously "oh yeah, abusing you every day for six years is nothing. Your ex-mate rejecting you and attacking you for no reason is nothing." She growled at me irritably.

As she ranted, I could see everyone in the room getting angrier and angrier, knowing about what happened. I glanced up at Luke and Tyler to see them tensed with the jaw's clenched as their eyes switched back and forth from their normal color to black meaning their wolves are trying to surface.

I walked over and gently laid a hand on each of their shoulders trying to calm them. "Okay, so it's not nothing but it's done and over with now and it has been for five years. I hardly even have the scars anymore.." I cut myself off, quickly throwing a hand over my mouth as I looked wide-eyed at the boys hoping they went paying attention to what I just said.

Luke and Tyler growled loudly before their eyes flipped to completely black. "Scars?! What scars? What did they do to you?" Tyler demanded viciously but his voice was much deeper.

I went to take a step back but Luke's hand shot out wrapping around my wrist stopping my movement. He brought his hand up to my chin snd lifted my head making me look at him.

"Isabella I need to know what happened right now before I tear that pack apart... Now, what scars is she talking about" he growled out maintaining eye contact.

I know they needed to know but I didn't want to think about everything and drudge up past emotions. I sighed loudly and pulled my face from his hand, stepping away from them both. "Fine, everyone sit down," I said annoyed, and glared at Emma, Luke, and Tyler. They all glared back but slowly say down around the living room.

"Um... Okay..  So let's go back to the beginning since not even Emma really knows the whole story and it's best to just get it all out now." I said shakily and heard Emma gasp before she quietly whispered "what?"

"I got separated from my parents soon after learning about the prophecy and was supposed to be going to the Silver shadow pack under false pretenses but got chased the wrong way ending up in the blood brood pack." I began as I pulled a chair from the corner and sat down taking a deep breath to calm myself.