Chapter 7 - ...Of the end

After what happened with Shelly last night, I wasn't able to close my eyes without seeing her face and what that damn alpha did to her. So, I had stayed up all night preparing for what was going to happen today.

She didn't know it, but Shelly had given me the best birthday present that I have had in years yesterday when she told me the ceremony was going to happen today. It is exactly what I have been waiting for these past 6 years in this hell hole.

Once the alpha's son takes over, Alpha Steven's command keeping me from making any escape attempts will no longer be valid. That means it will be the perfect chance to escape and finally get away from here for good.

The ceremony was supposed to happen two years after I got here but for some reason or another, he was made to train for longer. which meant I had to endure daily torture at the hands of everyone until then. Everyone but Shelly.

Thinking about her made more tears trail down my face. I can't believe she's gone. Just one more day and we both would've been free.

I gently shook my head, getting rid of my thoughts. I don't have time to dwell on my sadness right now, I need to prepare and make sure everything goes off without a hitch tonight.

Grabbing the duffel bag from under my bed I bring it up and open it.

The only thing still in it is the chestnut box from my parents with the golden crest on it. I haven't looked into it since that day, but I have added more papers to what was in there the more that I have learned, such as a list depicting what my powers are so far.

I slid the box to the far side of the bag and briskly started to empty my closet into the bag. After that, I made sure to pack the necklace Shelly had given me when we first became friends (a little four-leaf clover charm for good luck) and a few other odds and ends like supplies.

After I was done I stood in front of the bag with my hands hovering over it and closed my eyes, before chanting a few words over the bag. After a moment, I opened my eyes again and the duffel bag had shrunk to the size of a matchbox.

I grinned slightly and picked it up, shoving it securely into the pocket of my jeans. I figured it would be better to just keep it on me so I can make a quick escape without having to come back.

I was deep in thought about how I would make it out tonight when I heard the alpha yell for me from downstairs. I looked around the room once more making sure I didn't miss anything before I sighed to myself and headed out, closing the door one last time.

———

Entering the living room where he was, I kept my head down and cleared my throat so he would know I was there.

"Finally" he grumbled in exasperation as he switched off the tv.

"I have to go out for a few hours to prepare for the ceremony that will be held tonight. My son Andrew should be here within the next hour or so. You are to make sure this house is spotless when he arrives and escort him to the alpha quarters on the first floor. Am I understood?" He demanded intensely as he collected his items from the coffee table shoving them into his pockets.

"Yes sir," I said softly as I backed out of his way.

"Good. Then get to it." He dismissively called over his shoulder as he walked to the front door. With his hand on the handle, he turned slightly In my direction.

"Oh and remember what I said. If I find out that you sent listening to orders from anyone, there will be consequences" he said menacingly with a sneer in his face as he turned the handle and left.