Chapter 9 - Escaping hell

I felt her push forward and my bones begin to crack as I took off running and jumped, landing gracefully on my paws in front of them, towering over the group.

A normal werewolf was about 6 ft with an alpha usually being anywhere from 6'2 to 6'8, whereas I am already 7'4. My size and fur are why I couldn't shift while I was here, it could be a dead giveaway to anyone who knows anything that I was different.

They all stepped back in surprise as I lowered my body to the ground baring my teeth at them.

Andrew's large ashen grey wolf was at the back of the group and he stepped back as the other two came forward and moved to circle me. 

The brown wolf I made out as Chris lunged at me from the left trying to bite at my ankle. I quickly darted to the right and ended up slamming into the red wolf on my other side, bringing us both roughly down to the ground.

Before I could react Chris jumped on me again, his teeth viciously tearing into my shoulder while he clawed down my back.

I howled out enraged, and kicked him off of me making him release his grip. The red wolf I landed on used that distraction and bit down into my leg, tearing into it as he drug me towards him.

I barely managed to shake him off just as Chris was ready to jump at me again, so I ducked down just as he pounced, making him fly over me and right into the red wolf that had just bit me.

They flew across the forest and slammed right into the tree I had dented earlier with the blonde guy's body. This time it cracked in half and both of them landed on top of their unconscious friend, all three of them unmoving. It looked like a cartoon with how they were all piled up.

I then focused my attention back on Andrew. By now we were less than 50 feet from the border and I could taste the freedom.

He was slowly backing up trying to escape when I lunged at him. He quickly dodged and dug his teeth into my neck, making me whine in pain.

He continued clamping down harder and harder, making me cry out. As he went to release and clamp down again, I twisted until I was able to snap at him, catching him In the shoulder.

He howled loudly in pain and released me as I swept my claws towards his face.

They raked down the left side of his face as he howled out again. He shoved me and darted away, shaking his head, and whimpering in pain before shifting back, clutching his face.

While he was distracted, I jumped at him and kicked him towards the border sending him flying into yet another tree.

He shakily tried to get up but his legs crumpled beneath him. I shifted back out of breath and steadied myself with my hands on my knees.

After I caught my breath, I slowly walked towards his naked form slumped beneath the tree he hit just outside of the borderline.

I smiled to myself, taking a deep breath as I said "I, Isabella Knight, forfeit my place in this pack and rid myself of all ties," I said aloud, snapping it in half as I crossed the border.

I felt the pack link snap and it was like a weight was lifted off of my shoulders. I was now a free woman.

I slowly sauntered over to Andrew who was still on the ground in a heap. He had finally given up trying to stand and was just watching me with wide eyes. He had a jagged red line that scraped down the left side of his face from above his eyebrow to down below his eye and his eye was bloodshot.

"What are you?" He asked horrified as he scooted back further into the base of the tree.

I laughed bitterly at his expression. "That's something you, my pathetic mate , don't get the privilege of knowing. You have no idea what you've started today by rejecting me."