Chapter 20 - Bonding

As we all made it outside, Luke informed Tyler through mind-link that we were leaving. He nodded and shifted before turning towards us expectantly.

As we made it to the ground, we all shifted and I shook out my fur before walking over to and nudging him to lead the way. Lisa climbed onto my back as Avery climbed onto Emma and Zayn got on Luke. After everyone was ready we all took off through the trees.

Zayn was at the front on top of luke, Behind him was Avery on top of Emma with Ryan beside her. I was at the back with Lisa on top of me, and I had Seth on one side while Tyler was on the other.

We rested every now and again and would talk, learning more about each other. Turns out, they've all had similar upbringings to me and slightly Emma which is why they were upset at what I had told them about blood brood.

I had learned that Tyler and Luke are the future alphas to the New moon pack in California with Ryan as their future beta. As well as the fact that Lisa and Avery were from the same area growing up and both left at the same time to search for their mates when they met up with Seth and Zayn who were both doing the same. Shortly thereafter, they got attacked and Luke, Ryan, and Tyler came to their rescue which is how they all met.

------

It only took us about a week to make it from where we were near blood brood to the edge of Lake forest. By the end of it, we all felt like an actual family, something none of us had experienced in years.

We were all sitting around a campfire at the edge of the forest, planning on heading to Zayn's 'perfect spot' in the morning.

"I mean it!" I giggled out playfully as I lightly shoved Seth. "I've never felt anything like what Emma and I did when we did the blood bond. Tell them Emma" I said as I nudged her bringing her attention to the conversation.

She pulled back from kissing Ryan and looked around at everyone. "It's true. There was this pulse between us and after it, I felt this instant calming effect. Not to mention I stopped shredding my clothes when I shift and I'm stronger than what I was before" she said truthfully as she showed off her muscles.

Everyone looked thoughtful for a moment before Seth spoke up surprising me with what he asked.

"Can I try it? I plan to be by your side for a long time and I want to feel this pulse you're talking about" he asked hopefully as he excitedly got to his feet. I thought about it for a moment before agreeing.

I got up and walked over to Seth before summoning my signature golden blade. Slicing my palm before handing the blade to him.

He did the same, before handing me back the blade which I stuck in my boot. We joined hands, recited the oath exactly like I did with Emma. As we finished the same pulse that happened the first time happened again, shoving us apart.

"Woah!" Seth muttered softly before he yelped slightly pulling down his shirt where his royal mark had been placed before. It was now darker and larger, matching Emma's.

"Now you see why I was kind of surprised when the royal mark I placed on you before didn't do anything but tingle," I said jokingly as I put my hands on my hips.

He laughed "it wasn't too bad but I definitely understand, and that sensation Izz. It's like nothing I could've ever imagined," he said wistfully running his fingertips over the mark on his chest.

"Ooo me next!" Lisa pipped up and I laughed looking over at her to see her bouncing up and down on her heels.

I shook my head as I walked towards her, pulling the blade back out.