Chapter 10 - Making mistakes

(Andrew's POV)

"I'm really gonna miss you, Andrew, you were an exceptional pupil" Rick (the head warrior for the council) said.

"I actually might miss this place and you, myself. Not!" I joked and playfully punched him in the shoulder.

Rick had been the one training me for the last seven years to be an alpha. We had grown quite close, and to me, he was like an older brother I wished I had.

"Oh, I bet." He said sarcastically and he pushed me lightly. "But for real. Are you ready to bring taking charge?" He asked genuinely

"As ready as I'll ever be," I responded thoughtfully and he patted me on the back.

"Okay then, Let's get you home to that ceremony." He said as he started walking towards the door. He stopped and turned around making me almost run into him.

"Oh and by the way," he said as he snatched my keys. "I'm driving," he said smirking as he turned back around and opened the door taking off towards the car.

"Like hell you are, it's my car!" I yelled playfully as I ran after him making sure to grab my bags and close the door.

———

"Hey," Rick said shaking me awake.

"What?" I snapped irritated, glaring at him as I moved the seat to sit forward.

"Don't sulk because you lost and I'm the one driving. Now fix the damn GPS so that it takes us around this freaking traffic. You're going to be late for your own ceremony." He snapped back shoving the GPS into my hands.

"Fine, ...Ass. " I mumbled dejectedly as I started to reroute our trip on the GPS. I was thankful there was a road coming up that would cut off a few hours and lead us through pack lands to the house.

"I heard that,  and thank you. I do have a fine ass" he joked, grinning as I put the GPS back on its mount.

"You and I both know that not what I meant" I responded playfully before lightly shoving him against his door.

"Maybe so, but it's what you said" he stated shoving me back against mine.

"Ugh, whatever. Let's just go around this shit into the turning lane since we're making that turn anyway." I said looking at the cars lined up in front of us.

"We are?" Rick asked confused before looking at the GPS.

"Yep. Now let's go since you're worried we're gonna be late." I said playfully as I turned on the radio.

He put the right turn signal on and moved into the turning lane and we were off once again.

(Hey what's going on) I mind linked my wolf  Zack

(Nothing. I just have a weird feeling that's getting stronger the closer we get to home) he replied nervously as he paced in my mind.

(Bad or good?) I asked anxiously as I stared out the window at the passing forest.

(I honestly don't know. It's weird so just be on alert) he responded restlessly before putting a wall up.

'That's weird as hell but whatever I thought to myself as I turned the radio up and started jamming along to the song.
———
We finally got back about an hour before the ceremony and Rick dropped me off and told me he would see me later tonight.

As I walked into the house I got a text from my dad telling me that he should be home soon.

"Good evening. Can I assist you with your jacket sir" a voice asked sweetly.