Chapter 28 - Escape

I came to and groggily lolled my head to the side as I opened my eyes, seeing nothing but pitch black. My face hurt and felt like it was on fire so I tried to bring my hands up but they jerked as the cuffs attached to me reached their limit.

I gasped out loud as I realized I could feel cuffs on my neck, wrists, and ankles. I pulled against them and heard the silver chain jingling as they stretched to their limit. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, focusing some of my power on them.

After a few moments, I opened my eyes again and the room was illuminated as if the lights were on. Night vision, check! I thought to myself excitedly as I grinned and took in my surroundings. I was in a small room with silver walls and a concrete floor. I closed my eyes once more and focused on serenity.

(Rin, are you okay?) I asked worriedly, waiting anxiously for a reply. (Yeah, I'm okay but we definitely aren't.  As you passed out, I came forward and saw Andrew with some other chick. They picked you up and transported you here to some camp before chaining us up in a silver bunker. From what I can tell, the chains are silver as well and coated in wolfsbane, but there also seems to be some kind of spell attached to them.) she replied sternly, informing of our situation.

(Well I just met my mom. Who, is the MOON GODDESS by the way... and she informed me about quite a bit. Most of which we are going to have to discuss later, but part of it is that our powers should be elevated. So let's see what we can do about these chains to begin with and then we'll go from there.) I said confidently, grinning from ear to ear.

(SHE'S YOUR WHAT?!?) Serenity asked incredulously making me chuckle as I focused my power to my hands. ( You heard me right, she's my fucking mother.... And apparently, I'm a goddess now) I replied excitedly as I watched the silver cuffs on my hands start to glow red. A few moments later they split in half and fell to the floor, rapidly cooling down.

(Oh, we DEFINITELY have to talk when we get out of here. I. need. details.) Serenity barked happily and I nodded in agreement as I yanked the cuffs off of my ankles, letting them fall to the ground before removing the one from my neck as well.

As it clanked to the ground, I heard movement in the room above me and grinned mischievously. (let's get the hell out of here Rin) I said determinedly as I took a step back before shifting into my wolf.

As I did, a glowing aura formed around me making me freeze momentarily in shock. That was new. I shrugged and positioned myself behind the door in a defensive stance.

A few minutes later the door sprung open and I lunged at whoever was on the other side. As I did, I saw a very frightened warrior dressed in armor from the council with four others standing behind him. They all looked at me shocked for a moment before the warrior under me started struggling.

He pushed me off and got to his feet, coming towards me. He lunged at me and dodged to the side making him fall down the stairs leading to the cell I was just in.

One of the other warriors pulled a dagger from her belt and started to advance towards me. I lowered myself defensively, snapping at her in warning. She lunged bringing the blade down into my shoulder as my teeth tore into her neck.

I howled out and tried shaking her off of me. She dug the blade deeper before I managed to slam her into the wall, making her release her grip on the knife. She slumped to the ground clutching her throat as I quickly shifted back. I carefully pulled the blade from my shoulder, letting it clatter to the floor as I cried out in pain.

I turned around just in time to see another warrior tackle me to the ground. He sent a flurry of punches to my face before I managed to push him off of me. As he staggered back, I kicked him in the chest sending him flailing into the doorway leading to the cell behind him as I heard a crack.