Chapter 31 - The first wave

(Andrew's POV)

Screams rang out around me as I came to, slowly  lifting my head off of the ground, making the ringing in my ears get louder as I did. I winced and slowly staggered to my feet, trying to force my eyes to focus on the looming figure in front of me.

I shook my head, rubbing my eyes as everything cleared and I took in the destruction in front of me. There were numerous houses engulfed in flames and trees snapped in half or ripped from the ground as members of my pack lay scattered about, either dead or unconscious.

Those who were conscious were either hiding because they were too young, or attacking the huge, wolf-like figure in front of me. It was easily 8ft tall and was a dark grey color with bright red eyes. The figure stood on its two hind legs and had the snout and facial features that mostly resembled a wolf while its body was covered in coarse fur. It had huge fangs protruding out of it's mouth and both hands were adorned with long pointed claws that easily slashed through anything sorting reach.

No matter what we hit it with it would start healing directly after and just leave a deep bruise in its place. It slashed its way through my warriors like they weren't even there as it thrashed around, demolishing everything in its path.

To my left I saw movement and whipped my head that way, thankfully seeing the rest of the council and some reinforcements finally arrive from the camp near Isabella's pack.

*FLASHBACK*

We watched Isabella disappear before our eyes as she hit the treeline.  I just stood there in shock, I couldn't believe what we had just seen. I know for a fact, when we put her in that bunker she had brown hair and the only marking she had was one on her chest of the wolf that we've seen around along with her matching mate marks on her neck.

When she emerged though, she had black hair, golden eyes and wings, and a some kind of golden aura around her. I still couldn't believe she shut Sabrina up with the snap of her fingers, just the thought of it had me grinning and laughing once more.

Sabrina woke up sorry after, fuming about what had happened, and stormed off saying she was going to gather the remaining members of the council. Once she left, bane and I got into a heated argument over the fact that I had given in to Isabella when she confronted me.

I had a new Luna and the rest of my life to live, I wasn't about to lose it all in that moment by pissing isabella off more when we wouldn't have been able to handle her.

After the fight with Bane, I alerted the warriors that I was going to return home and to have everyone else meet me there as soon as possible before bolting off into the woods to run off some steam.

I had been running for about two hours when I felt a pain in my chest through the bond to the pack and stumbled. I got to my feet and took off as fast as I could in their direction, eventually coming upon the treehouse and cleaning we had found Isabella at.

I pushed myself harder and ran towards home just in time to see the creature destroying the packhouse, killing people as they ran out. There was glass and debris littered everywhere and people were screaming from inside, trapped as the house slowly filled with smoke from a fire on the back side.

I sprang into action as my warriors came running up from the training field and ordered them to attack, driving it away from the house and allowing those inside to escape to shelter or gather weapons to help in the fight. It swung and clawed its way through the mass of warriors, throwing people off of their feet as it sent them flying through the air.

I had managed to make it about 30 yards from the creature and charged it, dragging my claws down its back before I let go and swung myself between its legs, landing in front of it.