Chapter 14 - Magical Bonds

Avery was overjoyed and went over to Emma, asking her how she did what she did during the fight, which made me chuckle. Lisa joined them and threw herself at Emma who thankfully caught her unlike me. Avery looked over smiling and waving at me as Emma spun Lisa In circles hugging her.

I laughed and shook my head as I smiled and waved back at her before walking over to Ryan.

"Does stuff like this happen a lot? And what even happened that we found all five of you guys on the ground?" I asked him as I glanced over at Emma and the girls.

"More than I'd like. And we were on our way to new haven pack when we had a tire blow. As soon as we all got out they jumped us before we even saw them coming." He said ashamed as he rubbed the back of his neck. "And hey if you don't mind me asking, ...what or who are you because I've never seen anything like what you are"

"aha, the million-dollar question," I said playfully as I laughed before staring at my hands awkwardly. "I wish I had an answer but honestly... I don't know. For now, I guess You can call me your friend in high places" I joked as I lightly pushed him.

He laughed lightly before shaking his head and smiling at me "no kidding" he joked as he motioned at where my wings would be. He glanced over toward the guys to see them fixing the tire on the SUVs in the front while Zayn pouted and supervised.

I looked back over at the girls and Emma to see them laughing and gossiping together. They are all way too young to have to deal with this kind of stuff so often. I wish I had a way to protect them.

I gasped and looked back towards Ryan. He jumped and looked at me quizzically "what?!" He asked anxiously as he glanced around.

"I have an idea" I replied giddily as I quickly called Emma over.

"What's up Izz?" She asked cautiously as she jogged over to me.

"These girls get attacked a good bit from what I understand from Ryan and I was just thinking, wishing I had a way to protect them when I had an idea," I said as I wiggled my eyebrows up and down.

Her mouth made an "o" symbol before a wide grin stretched across her face. She nodded her head enthusiastically " that's a great idea Izz. It would be a great way to start practicing it and to protect them as long as they agree to it"

"Agree to what?" Ryan asked quietly as I turned back towards him before noticing everyone looking at me quizzically.

I laughed nervously and motioned for them all to come over.

As they all came to stand in a group in front of us I noticed that even Zayn had come out of the car and made his way over and was standing at the back of the group.

I chuckled a little to myself before shaking my head and addressing all of them.

"You've all seen that I have wings and that I'm more than capable of handling myself. Well, that has to do with this age-old prophecy thing that I'm not going to get into but another part of it is this" I said as I stepped back and conjured the wolf blade, spinning it skillfully in my hand before shoving it into its holster in my boot.

I glanced up to see Emma looking smug while everyone else looked a little weary but surprised nonetheless.

I laughed. "Magic. And with my magic comes a way to protect people I care about that I come across. Emma and I already bear the mark of my protection through a blood bond" I began as both Emma and I pulled our shirts down slightly to reveal our marks. They gasped and started to murmur amongst themselves but I continued.

"There's another way to offer my protection though. I can use my magic as a way to create a bond between us that will allow us to mind link each other and I will be able to feel your emotions as well as pinpoint your location if you're in trouble. It can be severed at anytime that you no longer wish to be under protection but it would be a good way to prevent you guys from going through any more trouble on your way home" I said nervously as looked around the group meeting everyone's eyes.