Chapter 11 - Coming to

I jolted awake and sat up panicking as I remembered I went down in the field next to blood brood. I quickly looked around and realized I was in a small treehouse somewhere high up. There was another empty bed against one wall and a tv mounted on the other.

Underneath it was a large cabinet filled with movies and a DVD player.  There was a door to the right as well as another on the other wall. I'm guessing one lead to a bathroom and the other to a kitchen.

The door to the outside was open and led to a long canopy walkway.

"Helloooo" I called out nervously just as the door near the tv opened to reveal Emma.

"Oh, thank goddess you're okay! I was worried that you might not wake up" She exclaimed fearfully as she threw herself at me, hugging the life out of me.

"Can't. Breath. Em." I wheezed out as I hugged her back and tried to remove her arms.

"Oh shit! My bad" she said apologetically and let go, sitting back on my bed.

"What happened? How long have I been out? And where the hell are we?" I asked anxiously looking around and she laughed lightly.

"Um well, you've been put for about a week and as to what happened, after you passed out I threw you on my back and carried you up here to the safe house that I was talking about," she said proudly showing off her muscles.

"You threw me on your back?! Look at you, little miss. I remember when we first started training and you could barely lift 20 pounds." I said jokingly while ruffling her hair.

She pushed me away playfully and started fixing her hair. "Yeah, yeah. Now I can kick some major ass, thanks to you" she said grinning as she wiggled her eyebrows at me.

"Heyyyyyyy" I replied laughing as she joined in.

———

Once things calmed down we began discussing where we were gonna go next.

"Well I was planning on going towards California towards the New Moon pack but if you want we can head somewhere else. I figured sunshine and beaches would be good for a while." Emma said as she pulled out a map of the states and laid it on her bed. It showed the different packs that were sprinkled across the country.

"That works perfectly. I have a contact there that I need to talk to for information about my parents. I haven't seen them since everything happened before Blood Brood." I replied as I poured over the map deciding a course of action.

"If you want we could jump from pack to pack as long as we stay out of their territories, that way we would be less prone to rouge attacks while traveling" I stated stepping back.

"Sounds good. Let's pack up and move out. I don't like the idea of still being this close to Blood Brood and I doubt you do either." Emma said as she folded the map back up and shoved it into a backpack along with her clothes and supplies.

"Alrighty. Give me a minute to get my things and let's blow this popsicle stand." I joked smirking at Emma.

She laughed and continued packing.

Just as we were about to leave a blinding pain shot through my body making me drop to my knees.

I screamed out as the pain grew making it feel like my skin was ripping as my bones broke and rearranged, forcing me to shift.

I dropped to the floor squirming in pain as my bones continued to rearrange and the pain grew stronger. Serenity was screaming out in my head so whatever was happening to me was happening to her as well.