Chapter 17 - Out of the woods

Bang!

A shot rang out as I squeezed my eyes tighter holding my breath. After a moment I realized no pain followed and opened my eyes.

My jaw dropped at the scene in front of me. There were four hooded figures dressed in black and gold cloaks fighting the remaining council members.

I looked to my left and saw Rick being restrained by two figures while another one hog-tied him and the gun he just had was thrown to the side. I went to reach for it only to get tackled to the ground by Emma as a shot rang out above our heads

(Oh shit! Thanks em.) I quickly mind-linked her as I got to my feet pulling her along with me.

(No problem. Now, let's kick some ass) she said grinning before taking off and shifting, launching herself at a council member.

I growled loudly and planted my feet before running towards two council members that were overpowering one of the members from the group wearing the cloaks.

I leaped at one, shifting mid-jump as I tore into his throat, ripping it out. I jumped off him and faced the other council member growling and snapping at him.

As I went to lunge for him another shot rang out, distracting me long enough for him to draw a dagger before plunging it into my shoulder. I howled out in pain and dropped to the ground. He was about to stab me again when I heard a whipping sound followed by a thunk.

I shifted back lifting my head back up as I clutched my shoulder. I looked at him to see his headless body crumpling to the floor with one of the cloaked members standing over it.

They held out their hand to me and I looked at it skeptically before taking it and getting to my feet.

As I did one of the council members flew into me knocking me back a few steps before I shoved him off of me and to the ground.

As I did I saw Emma's wolf lunge through the air landing right on top of him before sinking her teeth into his neck and pulling off his head. She growled loudly with blood dripping from her teeth as she spun around ready to attack again.

Looking around I saw that every council member was either dead or unconscious all except for Rick who was still being restrained near a tree where he was struggling to get free.

I walked over to him putting my foot on his chest to stop his movements like he did to me.

"I see the big bad hybrid needs help to take us down. What? Too weak to do it on your own? " rick sneered at me mockingly making me press down harder on his chest causing him to wheeze.

"I could've taken you down just fine on my own and have before, but it's always nice to have help from people who aren't as single-minded as you." I snapped at him before throwing him to the ground for a moment.

I grabbed one of the other warriors that had just regained consciousness and brought him face to face with me.

"This is the last warning you're getting" I growled angrily at him. "If I catch any other council member again, they won't live to see another day. Do I make myself clear?" I asked defiantly as I dug my claws into his chest above his heart.

He looked away and remained quiet so I dug them in more drawing blood as I glared at him. "I said, am I understood?" I demanded putting some power behind it. He started to tremble and it looked like he was under great effort as he slowly nodded his head.

"Good. Make sure Andrew gets this message." I said before dropping him back to the ground against one of his friends, making sure he was facing me.