Chapter 22 - A plan set in motion

(Andrew's POV)

One of the council's warriors stormed into my meeting with the other Alpha's and council members, covered in blood and out of breath.

"Jake, what happened?! and where's the rest of the members of your team?" Bane Anderson asked angrily as he got to his feet and stalked over to the warrior.

"Some.... sent back..... others.... gathering bodies.... Rick's dead....Isabella...got away" He huffed out in between breaths.

The room exploded in angry voices wanting to know what happened with one ringing out louder than the rest. It was Alpha Thomas of  Shadow moon, his beta was Rick's father and his half-brother which made Rick his nephew.

"What the fuck happened between my nephew and Isabella?!" He roared out grabbing Jake by the collar and bringing him close to his face intimidatingly.

"Um....She told me to make sure Alpha Andrew got her message before she grabbed him and said that she told him to stay away from her and said he's attacked her and his dad took her parents before she whispered something to him and shifted into her word ripping out his chest. I'm sorry sir" Jake said apologetically as Alpha Thomas paled. He quietly whispered "no" before he pushed Jake away and stormed out of the room.

I stood there stunned for a moment before growling furiously, realization dawning on me. That little bitch....Isabella killed my best friend to get back at me for attacking and rejecting her....She better hope the council finds her first because if not... she was in for one hell of a ride when I got my hands on her.

———

Jake finally finished explaining everything that happened when they'd been ambushed while apprehending Isabella. Everyone sat around the room in stunned silence going over what we had just been told. Suddenly I smelled something amazing that I haven't smelled in five years.

I got closer to the window and inhaled deeply before my eyes shot open as I recognized the smell. I took off running out of the room, shifting as I made it outside and I heard the others following me. I followed the intoxicating scent and it led me out to the borders of my pack.

As I was about to cross the border line, Council member Bane crossed in front of me stopping me in my tracks. (What the hell are you doing?) he growled through the mind-link slightly annoyed at me for just taking off.

(I'm following a scent, now get out of my way and follow me) I snapped grumpily through the link before growling and shoving past him across the border. We crossed into the field beside my pack and back into the trees as the scent got stronger when a few minutes later a clearing came into view with a tree house high in one of the trees at the other end.

I quickly dug my paws into the dirt and abruptly stopped, darting behind a tree to avoid being seen.  Bane and Alaric came up next to me giving me looks of confusion. I shifted back as did bane before I motioned for them to look up into the treehouse.

(It's Isabella and I'm guessing whoever was with her and that helped her when your warriors went to grab her.) I mind-linked bane as I peered around the tree and up into the house. As I did I saw Isabella in the doorway with someone's arms wrapped around her as they leaned down to kiss her.

I had to stop myself from growling when I saw that and remind myself that she was no longer my mate. I rejected her and that no matter how much my wolf wants hers, we can never be together. I sighed lightly and focused back on the treehouse.

Ever since I rejected her and attacked her in the woods, Zack hasn't said one word to me. I can still shift but everything is slower and it takes forever to heal from anything.

There was another guy walking down the steps of the tree house and into the cleaning in front of it muttering angrily to himself before his eyes hazed over and he stopped. A few moments later they cleared and he looked determined before shifting into a huge black wolf.

The wolf looked back up at the treehouse before he laid down on the ground with his head on his paws. A few minutes later, Isabella and everyone else that was in the treehouse came down the stairs and shifted as they reached the bottom.

I froze, completely awestruck while looking at her wolf, It had changed since I last saw her. Now she was bigger and had large black wings that ran the length of her body.

A few of the group climbed onto the backs of those who had shifted before they all quickly took off through the trees. Suddenly I heard more footsteps all around me and spun around to see a group of warriors making their way through the trees and into the cleaning, quietly following Isabella and her group.

"I called the rest of the council's warriors to track her while we make a plan of attack," Alaric said gruffly as he stood back up straightening himself.

"Let's head back to your pack house and get to it. I don't want to think about anything else other than getting that little bitch" Bane said determinedly as he turned around and shifted, taking off with Alaric at his side, back towards my pack lands.

A devious grin spread across my face as I shifted as well, following them. I will have her in my grasp soon and I'll make sure she pays for what she's done.

———

Later that night we were all around the round table in the meeting room trying to come up with a plan of attack when another one of the council's warriors barged into the meeting.

"You guys really need to learn how to knock and announce yourselves" I growled angrily as I stared daggers at him.

"Sorry, Alpha Brent but I come bearing news that I figured you would all want to know immediately." He said apologetically looking at me before glancing at everyone else around the room.

"Well spit it out!" Emily Harris said annoyed as she placed a hand on her hip and eyed him expectantly.

"Well the warriors managed to follow Isabella's group and I'm thrilled to announce to everyone that we know where she is," the warrior said as the room broke out in cheers.

"But! But there has been a complication" he said reasoning his voice above the noise of everyone else.

The room fell completely quiet. After a few moments, the clack of shoes against the hardwood floor was heard as Crowley Jackson stood up and slowly stalked his way over to the warrior.

Crowley stepped face to face with the warrior and grabbed him bringing him in closer. He sneered in contempt as he growled out "what kind of complication?"

"Well you see.. we know the exact spot that she and her crew set up at but..... but this morning a um..golden dome appeared around it that serves as a kind of forcefield and um... we can't get inside" we stuttered nervously as a bead of sweat dripped down his face.

"Son of a BITCH!" Crowley yelled and threw the warrior to the ground angrily. The warrior quickly got up and ran out of the room.

"Calm down Crowley before you pop a blood vessel or something," Sabrina said snarkily as she rolled her eyes. "There's no force field I can't get into given the time. Let's go see this thing for ourselves and then we can figure out what we're gonna do. It's not like she's going anywhere if she put one up, that takes a lot of energy"

"Ooh, since she just put it up, she should be weaker now than she's ever been, it would be the perfect time to attack" Dina Moore added as she stood up from the table fluttering her wings.

"Alright. Sabrina, Andrew, you're with me. The rest of you stay here and start thinking up a plan of attack in case something goes haywire. Also, send our biggest team to that location in case we need some help and hands executing the plan." Bane ordered and everyone else nodded, springing into action.

He spun around and switched his gaze between me and Sabrina before grinning menacingly.

"Let's go catch this hybrid bitch"