Chapter 12 - Starting our journey

I took another step forward before throwing my shoulders back to release my wings.

As they unfurled I extracted my claws and my fangs shot out making their eyes widen in horror.

"Obviously you weren't warned about judging a book by its cover" I growled mockingly as I lunged at them tearing into the leader's shoulder with my claws.

They racked across him as he dodged to the left making him howl in pain. He snapped out of his shock and lunged out at me with his claws extended. I dodged him which sent him sprawling behind me.

Before he could get up I grabbed him by the ankle and swung him back towards his friends sending him flying into a tree beside them. They looked at him shocked before turning toward me and snarled as they got to their feet.

I smirked and gave them the bring-it motion as they lunged towards me. I ducked under one's swing and quickly spun around kicking him in the back, sending him flying. The other one's claws sank into my leg making me scream as he pulled back and went to punch me.

Suddenly something flew over me and collided with him being him to the ground.

I staggered back as I saw Emma on top of him punching him in the face. He pushed her off of him and went to attack when I roundhouse kicked him sending him headfirst into the oak tree by the stairs.

He shook himself off and slowly staggered back to his feet. after a moment, he came at me again so I levitated him mid-jump and threw him harder back into the tree. He slumped unconscious against the tree as I spun around to check on Emma and saw the other warrior about to jump on her.

*I wish I had a dagger* I thought to myself as I took off towards her when suddenly I felt a weight in my hand.

Looking down I saw a dagger forming from the deep purple mist that was coming out of my hand.

I grinned and quickly threw the dagger at the warrior impaling him in the shoulder and into a tree giving Emma time to knock him out.

As I walked towards her something flew into my side tackling me face-first into the ground. The leader had regained consciousness and attacked me again clawing down my back.

I screamed out in pain and pushed him off of me before grabbing ahold of his collar and bracing my feet against the ground.

I pushed off and we flew into the air with him struggling and attacking me to get out of my hold until he realized we weren't on the ground.

We flew higher and when I was satisfied with height I Iet go and punched him in the face, sending him flying back as he plummeted to the ground.

I dove down on top of him and brought my wings in slamming him into the ground. He groaned but stayed still. I got off of him and flipped him over. He coughed and wheezed clutching his chest. I was sure I broke a few ribs.

I leered over to him and grabbed him by the collar once more jerking him up so I could see his face.

"you are the only one still conscious because I have a message for you to relay" I stated as Emma walked over to us.

"Up until now, I haven't killed anyone because I know you are just following orders and have people who care about you. This is your only and final warning. If we are attacked again I will not hesitate to Put. Them. Down. Do you understand?"I asked daringly as I steeled my gaze and rose my eyebrow questioningly

He nodded furiously and I released his collar allowing him to slump back down to the ground. "If you stay out of our way, we'll stay out of yours," Emma said menacingly as she squatted down to stare at him gently, He nodded again. "Good" was all she said before she punched him in the face knocking him out.