Chapter 15 - Hunted

"Let's go Emma! Hurry up!" I yelled as we ran though the woods towards the safe house.

"I'm right beside you Izzy" she yelled hurriedly as she came up on my left.

"Good. We can't lead them back home and we can't take off until my wings heal" I said glancing back at my wounded left wing. We were out gathering food when we were ambushed by a group of warriors from the council who, even after five years are still after me. They attacked and managed to slash one of my wings making it impossible for me to take off until it heals.

I swear if I ever get my hands on alpha Andrew dumbass I'm going to wring his damn neck for telling the world about me. I knew that everyone would be after me after I exposed myself by rejecting him but I had no idea it would be to this magnitude.

Emma and I made it to California only to have to run off a week later due to the onslaught of attacks by warriors from every pack out there as well as specially trained ones sent by the council that have been a bitch to take down.

After that we have had to constantly stay moving for the past five years until we both  decided to try to settle down deep in the woods near the boarder to Alaska. This is where we are now running for our lives from three of the assassins sent by the council.

"Okay, so game plan" I yelled to her "you loop around that way and I'll go this way. Back track until were behind them by going through the trees and we will take them by surprise."

She nodded and veered to the left as I swerved to the right and jumped into the branches to circle back behind them.

Before long I saw the group tracking us through the forest. Through our bond I could feel Emma in the trees across from me just as they walked below us.

(Now!) I yelled through the mindlink as she and I both jumped from the trees plunging matching golden daggers into the necks of the assassins as we landed, dropping them to the ground. The golden wolf blades we both now carry have become our calling card in addition to the royal crest.

Over the years, everyone has learned that anyone with that crest on their chest is not to be fucked with unless they want hell rained down upon them. Though many have tried, over the past few years I've only ever lost a handful of people that I've put my crest on.

Its became a way of protecting those that couldn't protect themselves, so anyone that we've came across who was in trouble that we were able to save now wears that crest.

I jumped to my feet just as the last assassin attacked me, stabbing a dagger threw my shoulder and wing, sticking me to the ground. I screamed out in pain and tried to pull the dagger out as he rammed another one through the other hand and wing before it stuck into the ground , pinning me.

I screamed louder and started to struggle as Emma launched herself into him sending him tumbling off me.

I focused on my levitation and tried to use it to remove the blades but it was no use. After a moment I heard rusting around followed by Emma yelping before a loud crack and everything went silent.

I started to quiver as I heard footsteps coming closer to me but breathed out a sigh of relief when I saw it was just Emma. She had a few deep scratches and wounds but all in all she looked okay.

Emma carefully pulled the daggers out of my hands and wings making me cry out.

"I'm sorry, but I have to Izz" she said remorsefully as she dropped them to the ground and carefully helped me to my feet.

"I know, but that still hurt like a bitch" I said as I bit my lip to keep from crying out again as I tried to retract them slightly.

"I know, let's get you home and bandaged up. Hopefully you'll be healed by morning and we can head out again." She said gently as she threw my arm gently around her and  we stumbled towards the safehouse.