CHAPTER 32

"No matter what you want to do princess I will support you. I really feel this is the best decision and I will stand by you to convince them." Chanyeol says pecking Baekhyun's forehead.

When the three returns with a red suit, Baekhyun quickly gets ready. He tried to remain calm, but his hands were shivering and legs would give up anytime. Minseok came to inform the ceremony would start any moment soon. He was taken aback when he noticed Baekhyun dressed in red and not in white. Everyone left the room to go back to their spot in the crown room to witness the coronation.The bugle and the trumpet sounds started indicating it was time. "I guess that's my cue. You can do it baek" he whispered to himself. He stood behind the great doors, leading to the crown room. The drum rolls started and slowly the doors opened. The packed room and thousand pairs of eyes on him made Baekhyun's knees go weak. "I can do this. I can do this" Baekhyun kept whispering to himself. As he walked down the aisle, the whispers grew.

"Does the white wolf think so highly of himself? Not following the traditions on the coronation day itself. What a great start" Baekhyun heard the Master Healer who was looking at Baekhyun gritting his teeth. Ignoring all the low hisses, Baekhyun spoke "I apologise to every single wolf present here. I shall not be taking the crown from our Alpha, Kris. He will remain as the Alpha of the Alphas, leading the royal pack. Starting from today even I shall follow the orders of our Alpha, and his words will be the law." Baekhyun bowed down to Kris who was standing a bit further away from the throne. As soon as Baekhyun bowed, every single wolf present in the room to witness the grand coronation bowed down to Kris.

Kris had never felt so authoritative since the day he was crowned. Kris was not ready for this. As much he wanted to keep the crown to himself, he also wanted to run away with his mate and lead a simple life. Baekhyun's announcement froze Kris. He quickly recovered and signalled everyone to standup.

"What makes you say this, lord white wolf? Changing the prophecy, changing the traditions just because you are white wolf is not acceptable" yelled the master Healer, Baekhyun felt the criticism in the tone. He had no clue why master Healer was being so mean to him today. Chanyeol rubbed Baekhyun's knuckles briefly assuring him, he was right behind. Baekhyun took a deep breath and turned to the crowd that was waiting for his reply eagerly.

"The crown that is being offered to me has been the pride of the royal bloodline. The bloodline so unique, so powerful. The superpowers the exhibit unreal. They can fly, they can manipulate things, they can control time, and many of such unique powers are held in this bloodline. I'm just a common wolf from fire with a slight change in my power. I just don't produce the heat sufficient to burn things down like my pack members but we both produce light. In that case, I lack something compared to my pack members. I'm not perfect. I'm not well trained to battle wolf like the royal pack train their warriors. I might have won few matches because of my power. But with just the power I can't rule the Royal pack. Alpha Kris has been trained for this job since they he started walking. This pack has made sure to keep the tree of life safe for years. They have sacrificed a lot for this kingdom. Just because I walked in you don't have to hand over me the throne and strip Alpha Kris from his title. I bet there is no one here who can rule this kingdom better than Kris. My mate, Park Chanyeol, is the Alpha of the fire pack, and I decided to stay with him and look after our pack. I shall not be taking the crown made for Kris. This doesn't mean I'm not facing the battle, this battle is not an individual one. Everyone have their own scarifies, their own roles. This battle is not just between me and the dark lord. It's between the good and the bad, Right and wrong, life and death. Every single soul present here has the same strength as me to fight the war. We shall face this together. Let's bring back the life to our tree, which the royal pack has taking care for a very long time."

Baekhyun concluded his speech. Since the moment he started the hall was silent. He had not prepared what to speak and what not to. He just spoke his heart out for the disagreement for his coronation. The silence the audience were giving him drove him crazy. He wanted them to react something. Some people were confused while some smiled. He turned towards Chanyeol who patted his head, and mouthed "you did great". They both stood their hand in hand waiting for the reaction.

A loud voice broke the silence "long live the Alpha Kris" soon everyone bowed down to Kris, accepting him as their new Alpha.