CHAPTER 12

Royal Pack

Suho's POV

We were present here yet again to attend chanyeol's wedding. Last time was a absolute mess. I really hope this time it happens without any disturbances. And who the hell has the ceremony on full moon day. With all these questions in my mind I entered the royal pack. I arrived a bit earlier than the scheduled time. I wanted to meet baekhyun again and smack one on his head for the mess he was responsible for four years ago.

As soon as I entered the palace, few guards escorted me towards the tree of life. I was not ready for this yet. I can sense my heat slowly rising up. I don't want to cause trouble today being so close to him. But I had no choice, royal orders have to be followed. Sighing I walked towards the tree of life. Looking at it I was devastated would be an understatement. "How- What happened here" I asked. "Well prophecy happened. The fire found his light. Earth pup will arrive soon." Replied lay turning towards me. "How have you been Junmyeonaa?"

"As usual Yixing, battling to survive and keep the pack steady. Don't worry I will not come near you today. I know my presence here is very much required as an Alpha, and so is yours. So I will stay away as much as possible. I will not come close to you so that it will aff-" "Junmyeon all I asked was how are you doing? I called you here to show you that tree of life is getting better day by day. Probably if the Earth pup is discovered soon. The tree will go back to previous state. I would be free from all the royal duties then" said Lay looking into my eyes. Noo please don't do this to me Yixing please don't. I don't want to be broken again by your false hope I prayed for the moon goddess.  "What are you intending Yixing? Please be clear about it. I don't want to have false hope."

"Junmyeon, I rejected you four years ago because I had my duties here and you were an Alpha who had a pack to run. We both would have to have a long distance relationship which would turn out to be useless. But you never agreed on my rejection. You let the death consume you day by day. I couldn't stop blaming myself everytime I hear Kris telling me how worst you have been since his previous visit to you. But now I-" "what but now Yixing? Since the tree of life is getting back to be better, you want me back in your life? I have spent every full moon in the pack borders just looking for a sign of your arrival atleast when I'm on heat. Do you even know what my heart has felt for all these four years waiting for you? Is breaking up and getting back together so easy for y-"

"Junmyeon, listen to me" "No you listen to me. I will give you the permit to enter the water pack whenever you need. If you want me to mark you I will. You will be given all the respect given to Alpha's mate. Don't expect anything from my end. I have loved you and I will always. But this act of yours broke my heart lot more than the day when you rejected me. I hope you understand. Bye Yixing." I bid my goodbye to him trying not to breakdown in front of him.

Lay's POV

As junmyeon walked away, my heart shattered into pieces. I know the second biggest mistake I ever did was rejecting my mate. Asking him to take me back because the situation is better now is the worst one. But I love him. I'm happy atleast he said he will take me as his mate and mark me. I guess going there and throwing my ego to win his heart is the only option. I need to make him healthy too. The war is coming soon. I sighed as was lost deep in thoughts

"Yixing hyung, hyung are you there?? Here me?" I heard Jongin through mind link.

"Yes, Jongin what is it?" I replied.
"Hyung there is a serious problem here. Kyungsoo smells different. I mean delicious. It's really stong and it's making me go crazy. I'm still far away from him and it's already intoxicating me. I can't take responsibility of him in the wedding. I will definitely harm him." Panicked Jongin.

Moon goddess why are you throwing everything at once at us?? I crused under my breath. "Jongin what does he smell like?"

"I have already told you a thousand times hyung, he smells like fresh grass and  cinnamon for me. But today there is something really sweet too. Like it's dragging me towards him and it's making my head crazy. I'm currently at the other end of the royal kitchen corridor. Please help me before I do harm to him. I can't risk going near at all." Jongin almost cried.

"Listen Jongin, take care of him. I understand he smells fresh grass and cinnamon to you. You know why and I I guess my guess was right. As far as he smells sweet, today is the full moon day idiot. If you don't protect him, he will be taken away by someone. Take him to the ceremony. Try doing anything for the baby and you will have me at your throat to rip your head off." I warned him and turned my mind link off. As I realised I was running late.

The ceremony went magically, with chanyeol getting drunk on Baekhyun's beautiful eyes that glowed white. I was envious of this. I know I have made a mistake rejecting him. But now looking at him sitting there gave me an unknown feeling. I will make you mine junmyeon I promised myself looking at him directly in the eyes. I could see a little blush on his pale cheeks. It was time for making the bond. As soon as baekhyun dropped his blood on the vessel, we heard a unfamiliar and a strong growl. It was immediately followed by Jongin's growl.