CHAPTER 33

The master Healer, who always followed traditions didn't like the change in prophecy. The changes made in prophecy will bring a lot of changes in their lives but no one knows of its good or bad. He made his silent prayers to the moon goddess and spoke addressing the crowd "considering no changes made in the power, now we shall move on to the selection of the other two members. I request all the council members and the participants to be present their so that we can welcome the new members." He ended his speech and walked out of the throne room.

Soon the guests were sent out of the throne room. The packed room that filled with thousands of people who travelled long way for coronation now held only 14 members. The selected ten members sat on their designated seats while the other four waited for the arrival of the goblet. The master Healer walked in along with his fellow guards who carried the goblet into the room.

Once the goblet was brought into the middle, the master Healer spoke" I hope all of you have already answered the questions and dropped it into the fire." The four participants nodded in reply. "Doyoung, why don't you start first.?" Asked the master Healer. Doyoung who was already feeling his legs giving up broke into cold sweat. Trying to keep calm, he walked towards the fire and raised his hand to receive the paper.

The goblet flames turned bright red. Disappointment was present all over Doyoung's face. "Doyoung, you need to have faith in yourself" Said the master healer.  Doyoung realised where he went wrong. He walked back to the place where the other four were standing. Taeyong looked at him with a assuring smile. Master Healer then called Jongdae to pick his chit. The fire glee green while it retured the paper to Jongdae.

"Jongdae you are not a failure anymore. Welcome to the council" said the master Healer as he showed Jongdae his seat. Everyone cheered him except his mate. Minseok just smiled at him. He knew his mate had his own concerns. Minseok dint want Jongdae to be a part of this council and face death. Minseok wanted to protect his mate and keep him out of danger. But now his mate is literally running towards danger knowingly. Pushing the disappointments behind he sat on his seat along with the rest ten members.

Taeyong and tao looked at eachother. One place left in the council. Both deserved it, but it was upto the moon goddess to choose. "We don't know if you both will make it or just one or no one. If the moon goddess thinks you are perfect to fight the war against the dark you will be here. Taeyong your turn" said the master healer. Taeyong nodded at the master healer and went towards the flame. Instantly, from the goblet of red flames the paper dropped on Taeyong's hand. He felt both disappointed and relief. He looked at his mate standing there with a smile on his face. Without any second thoughts taeyong ran towards the Doyoung. Doyoung hugged Taeyong and whispered "you have done well. It's okay. I'm happy we both made it till here"

"Taeyong, it takes a lot of courage to over come your fear. It's not easy to be hear battling every ruthless wolves. You have done a great job." said the master healer trying to cheer taeyong up. "Let's see if Tao makes it to the council or not" said the master healer. "wait I have a question" spoke Sehun. Everyone in the room turned towards sehun. "What if Tao doesn't make it? Will the hunt for last council member continue or we can go and do something about the dark lord without the twelfth man?" said Sehun. "I don't think the twelfth one is the important. We have got the light and Earth wolf. And also, we can't wait too long the water stone is turning dark at faster rate and it will affect Suho. I don't want to risk any life." Said Jongin

Suddenly the room is filled with a loud laughter. Everyone looked at master healer, who looked like he had lost his sanity. "Fools fools. Just because you changed the prophecy once doesn't mean it will work all the time. This is actually done to balance the energy in the tree. Twelve is not just a number it's a power. During the battle you will be divided into teo teams. You shall stand on the same ground and see different skies. If you stand on different ground you shall see same skies. If you don't find your twelfth member. YOU SHALL WAIT" said the master really loud making all the eleven members break sweat.

"Tao, your turn" said Master Healer. Tao obediently noded and stood by the goblet. Tao's eyes focused on the fire wutg fourteenth others. The goblet's fire turned green, indicating Tao's answer was correct. Many breathed deeply. Few cheers few congratulations filled the hall. But then two people looked at eachother. They were just one step away from the victory. One knew he was counting his days, while the other would do anything to stop time and be stuck in this moment forever.

"Tao, hope is what sometimes keeps you breathing. Never stop hoping for the better day. Now I request you to go and take your seat. Doyoung and taeyong please go back to your room. We have an important matter to discuss. Guards please escort them." said the master healer. As soon as Doyoung and taeyong disappeared from everyone's sight. The master healer continued " you all will be taking vow tonight at midnight. With that blood promise you will be able to communicate your other group members even if they are not your mate. We only have 20 days left for the full moon. We will attack the dark lord on full moon day."

"Just because we are most powerful in full moon day we can can't fight them. They will be more powerful than us. We have to attack on new moon day. We might be weak, but they will the weakest." Said Baekhyun. Master Healer looked very annoyed. When he was about to say something, he was cut off by Kyungsoo who seconded Baekhyun's opinion.

"Things will not go as you please. My decision here is final. See you all near the tree of life at midnight." Said the master Healer as he walked out of throne room.

Baekhyun's room

Kyungsoo bragged in even without knocking the door. "Chanyeol is here?" I just shoke my head. "Good you know the plan of master healer is useless. We have to attack on new moon day. I will tell you the entire plan later. But this doesn't involve chanyeol. So please keep this from him. I never came here you never saw me." He said and walked out of the door.