CHAPTER 7

Baekhyun was sitting in room lost in his thoughts. The two sides of his brain was working on pros and cons of rejecting Chanyeol as his mate. If he followed his heart and accept Chanyeol as his mate, they might end up getting killed. If he rejects Chanyeol, Baekhyun was confident both of them would lead a dead life. He chuckled thinking how death would be the end whatever he chose. His train of thoughts were disturbed when his stomach growled loudly. Baekhyun decided to take risk and explore the place. He stepped out of the room and tried to find kitchen.

Chanyeol's office.

"So that chef is the earth pup hyung?" asked Sehun. "Frankly speaking I have absolutely no idea Sehun. When Kris decided to marry Jongdae and Chanyeol I spotted a tiny tender leaf on the tree of life. The lifeless tree had shown some growth in 400 years. Today, one part of the dark black tree was brown. As bright as a fresh branch. Immediately I received Chanyeol's letter. Now that

fire is going to mate his light,
Whose blood is white,
Crown will bow down,

We all know Kris. The earth pup will have to apper. I don't think Chanyeol and Baekhyun will be able to reproduce as they both are male. And they both are pure blooded fire pack members. They can't show any earth pack element. The earth element has to be found in a rogue. No rogue discovered till date has shown any symptoms of earth pack except one. Kyungsoo has not shown any sign of shifting even though it's been four years late. It's like his wolf is dead. I just suspect him nothing else. He might be or might not. I just hope it's true and we can find the stone easily." Said Lay. Everyone just hummed as they responded.

"He is coming down, stay calm and don't ask to many questions guys please. Let's just go, Lay hyung can you bring him to dinning room?" Asked Chanyeol. "Ofcourse, it will be good to discuss his heat and your ceremony plans while having lunch" said Lay and left the room. Everyone later moved to the dinning table.

Chanyeol sat on his Alpha chair, to his right was Jongin and Sehun. Luhan sat opposite to Chanyeol. The two seats next to Chanyeol was empty. They all were waiting for Baekhyun and Lay.

Meanwhile, Lay was about to climb the steps that led to Alpha's room, when he saw Baekhyun walking down. Baekhyun noticed Lay standing at the bottom of the steps. "Hyung" he cried and ran towards Lay. Lay hugged him back. "Meeting your long lost friend is indeed a happy moment" said Lay. "Hyung I missed you" said Baekhyun sobbing. "We all missed you too. You can meet them soon. Come lets have lunch." Said lay pulling Baekhyun behind. As they made their way towards the dinning table, Lay made Baekhyun sit to the left of Chanyeol and he sat in the remaining empty seat. "Let's dig in" said Chanyeol.

A few minutes of silent eating, Lay broke the ice. "Are you planning to mark him tomorrow or not Chanyeol?" "Why tomorrow isn't my heat, my heat on the day ceremony right. I don't think it will affect me as he will claiming me that night" answered Baekhyun. "Baek, white wolf's heat is for 3 days. Your scent can spread so far it might even reach the water pack" replied Luhan. Chanyeol clenched his chopsticks tighter. His eyes tured red. "What three days? How can I survive such long heat?" asked Baekhyun pouting.

"Well it's not us, he should answer that." Said Lay pointing towards Chanyeol. "I don't have plans of marking him anytime soon. He can survive the 1st and the 3rd day on his own. I will not enter my room nor let any unmated wolf enter. Luhan hyung can stay with him. The second day will be the ceremony. That night I will take him to the lake and let him cool down. No more discussions on this topic." Said  Chanyeol and walked out of the dining room.

Baekhyun dropped his chopsticks and started crying loudly. Lay who sat next to him hugged him right to relax the younger one. "I guess he hates me so much for running away. All those days when we prayed we should be eachother's mate is finally here but chanieee doesn't love me anymore. Please ask him to reject me hyung. It's better to die rather than see him act like this with me. Please ask him to reject- "

"What the hell did you say?" Said Chanyeol who stood by the door. He held Baekhyun by his waist and dragged him to his office. He closed the door and pushed Baekhyun to the wall with a huge force. Pinning both arms of shorter above his his head Chanyeol said  "Reject you? Do you think this is easy? Do you think just because you are the descendant of the moon goddess everything revolves around you? Is that why you ran away on your 16th birthday. Because if you were the moon goddess, you would find a better mate than me? You think rejecting you will make everything better? We have been waiting for you for 400 years. The tree is dying, water stone is infected, people fear war every single second of their life. And how can you be so selfish just to think about yourself? Atleast I'm not as selfish like you. I love my people and Im willing to die for them. I'm doing this ceremony just for the sake of pack and all wolves. We need to find the earth pup. If you even think of running away I will chase you and find you just rip you into pieces and throw you to the rogues AM I CLEAR?"