CHAPTER 24

After walking away from the battle grounds, Baekhyun ran into his room. Tears rolled down his cheeks continuously. Lay tried to catch up with Baekhyun but, baekhyun had locked him out. Lay was knocking the door continuously. Immediately Jongin popped out of thin air inside Baekhyun's room. Baekhyun had curled himself up into a ball and crying. Jongin feared him hence, he opened the door to let suho and lay enter the room. As soon as lay sat down next to baekhyun, Baekhyun hugged him tight. "Hyung, why does everything happens to me? I loved him soo much?" He cried in Lay's arm.

"Baekhyun you just heard Soohyun's version of story. I'm happy with doubting Chanyeol you went forward to teach a lesson. Just because he stopped you, you feel he is guilty about it? Is that how much you trust him? What happened between those two it's not my part of the story to tell. But I can tell you my part of the story. Yes chanyeol brought her to me for check-up. Yes she was pregnant at that time. Chanyeol claimed that the baby was his. I was devastated at first. Few weeks went by and when she came for her next month check up I was waiting to see the nova of the future Alpha. We all know, no matter what the Alpha will always produce an Alpha. But the results from her tests was the opposite of what we are expecting. The baby was weak, may be just like any other pack member. There was no way child could be an Alpha. This arose a lot of questions. So I contacted Chanyeol trying to get the exact date when she conceived so that I can try matching with the baby's development. I did find out that the baby was indeed 3 weeks longer than what date chanyeol mentioned" said Lay.

"WHAT YOU MEAN TO SAY BABY IS NOT CHANYEOL'S? WHY ARE YOU TELLING THIS TO ME NOW?" said Baekhyun regretting his act few minutes ago. "Baekhyun you have to relax. Both of you are like volcano. You both lack patience. Talk to him the first thing in the morning okay? He has gone for a run. Both of you need time now. Think about your actions. Think if that things really mattered since he never knew he was your mate. Think what would have chanyeol done if he was in your shoes okay?" Said Suho patting Baekhyun's back. Baekhyun fell asleep in Lay's arm after crying for a long time. Suho and Lay tucked him into the bed and left the room.

A few hours later, Baekhyun woke up because of the sweet smell he filling his nostrils. He knew Chanyeol was somewhere very near, but he dint want to open his eyes and face reality. A few minutes of tossing in all the directions to sleep, he was awoken by a voice in his head. "Baekhyunaa you are sleeping right? I'm sorry baek. I really am. Afternoon I snatched the book and sang a song because the next page contained the song about this incident. The irony is it's almost the same time when I wrote that song wanna hear it?" Said Chanyeol who was leaning on their bedroom door. Baekhyun slowly made his way towards the door and sat on opposite side.

It's 3 :52 in the morning,
When I woke up from a bed without you warming.
The dark shadowing the pain,
It's all memories that remain.
You were just a chapter of my book,
Which was always misunderstood.
I love, I mean it this time.
Not like the past when I did a crime.
I love, I mean it this time.
Not like the past when I did a crime.

Even the moonlight,
Closing its eyes tonight.
Fed up of my tear drops
Tied to your heart with knots
I held on tight to your hand
You slipped away just like a sand
I love, I mean it this time.
Not like the past when I did a crime.
I love, I mean it this time.
Not like the past when I did a crime.

The heart that beats for you,
Is now cold and blue.
You melted me with your fire,
It's now frozen as you are not here.
I don't want to say goodbye,
I don't want to cry and dye,
I need by my side
Hold arms and walk beside
I love, I mean it this time.
Not like the past when I did a crime.
I love, I mean it this time.
Not like the past when I did a crime.

"Baek I'm sorry, I really am. I'm still not sure if I will be able to tell you when you are awake. Baekhyun it happened two years ago. Soohyun was trying hitting on me since the day you disappeared. But over time even she changed. She became a girl who treated me as friend. She understood me and I really did like and respect her as a friend. We were close for some period. I was very badly drunk on your birthday. She took the advantage of that night and claimed that I impregnated her. I was so drunk I thought it was true. I took her to Lay to get a confirmation. Once her pregnancy was confirmed I told her, I would take care of the baby and do everything a dad needs to do. I was trying had to even accept her in my life. But a few weeks later Lay hyung came and told me that she was already pregnant when she said I claimed her. And incase any sexual activity had happened between us that day, it would have definitely harmed the baby. Soohyun was also there when Lay hyung told us the truth. Soohyun got scared I might harm her, she ran down the stairs and tripped leading to her miscarriage. I stopped you today from killing her because I still blame myself for the death of her baby. I just don't want you also to have nightmares about killing innocent people. We have a war to prepare and we don't know if we will make it till the very end. But baek remember every second this body is breathing, this heart will always love you." said Chanyeol.

He took a deep breath and stood up from his place. Baekhyun realised that and opened the door immediately and threw himself on the taller male. This action caught Chanyeol off gaurd and they both landed on the floor with a thud."I'm sorry. I really am. Don't leave me. I trust you and I really love -" Baekhyun's words were cut as Chanyeol placed his lips on Baekhyun's.

In the corner behind the pillars,

"See I told you all this plan will work." Said Kyungsoo boastfully. "You are so romantic Kyungsoo" said Jongdae giving thumbsup to Kyungsoo. "But he is never romantic with me" said Jongin with a pout. "Guys we should leave this place before I lose my vision. They are going steamy!" said Suho dragging everyone out from the pillars.