CHAPTER 8

Baekhyun's POV

" I'm not as selfish like you" "I'm doing this ceremony just for the sake of pack" " AM I CLEAR?" These words kept repeating in my head non stop. After Chanyeol warned me, I rushed back to my so called room and locked myself in. I dont want to go there and face everyone. If my love, my mate was not ready to listen to my explanation, who else would. Well I don't even care what others think, I just want Chanyeol. Trying to control the tears running down.

The room door opened to my surprise. I remember locking it correctly. It was Luhan and Lay hyung with some food and medicine in their hand. "Baek, you will have to take these or else the portion to surpress your heat will not work" said Lay hyung. I just nodded at them.

They both walked over to bed. Sitting next me. Lay hyung, rubbed my back to help me relax. He spoke "Do you still have those burn marks?" I nodded at him and showed those burn marks present on wrist. I wear a full arm shirt most of the time so that I can cover these marks. "Do you remember how much you hated this mark in the starting because they made you look ugly. Later as you stated to fall in love. You wore this scar with pride, just like a mate's mark. I still remember you telling me, ' even if the moon goddess doesn't pair us together, he will be my mate and this is our mark'. 

"Those were old days hyung, we were just kids who fell in love not even knowing what it was. While I ran away for my needs, I still had him in my heart. I guess he moved on and doesn't want me by his side anymore. Even if I get the official mate scare. I doubt if he will even accept me as his mate. I ruined the future we both dreamed hyung." I replied hugging my knees and crying.

"Don't give up this time. He has suffered more than you could imagine. He is scared where you will run away again. For the third time. He is just terrified with that thought and he is making it hard for himself so that incase you runaway he shall not break into pieces." Replied Luhan.

"Remember Baekhyun, how much he had cried when you ran away the first time. He thought he killed you. Your scar is the home for all those sweet and beautiful memories you shared after than incident. While his scars reminds him about the pain and loss he saw after you ran away before your birthday. You both have suffered a lot. Moon goddess wouldn't have tied you both together just to make you suffer. Stay by him, you both need eachother for what's coming next." With that said Lay and Luhan hyung left the room.

His scars? What happened after I ran away? Did I hurt Chanyeol so much? I thought myself as I traced the burn mark on my wrist. I still remember this day like yesterday.

Fourteen years back

Baekhyun's POV

I was bored sitting in the home for a really long time. My mom would never let me go out and play with other kids. So today I is the day I will sneak out of the house and enjoy my freedom until it lasts. Mom was busy preparing the lunch for me so I made my way towards the door and ran out. I made my way towards the pack park. I definitely going to make a few friends today. As I made my way towards the swing, I saw a boy drawing something on the ground. I slowly made my way to talk to him.

"Hello I'm Byun Baekhyun. 6 years old." I said as I streched my hand towards him. He just smiled at me and continued what he was doing. "Yaa, Yoda ears I'm talking to you." I yelled. He just stood up, dusted off his clothes and walked away. I felt really bad. All conclusions like "I'm a bad guy no one wants to talk to me. That's why my parents lock me up inside the house. I cried as I ran towards our home. Mom and dad both ran to me maybe because they were relieved to see me back safe. But that rejection of friendship made me cry for an entire day.

They decided to take me to the park the next day so that I can talk to that Yoda boy again. But even after waiting for really long time, he never came. I cried again as I headed back home the second day. The routine of going to the park, waiting for him and heading back home while crying continued for almost a week. One day, when I went a bit late than usual time, he was there sitting in the same spot and drawing something.

I ran to him but because of my clumsy legs, I tripped on god knows what and fell on my ass. The Yoda boy laughed at my fall. "You have a hole here" I said poking his cheek. "It's not hole. It's called dim- dimple" he said. He gave me a hand to help me get up. "I'm Byun Baekhyun. I came here to talk to you everyday. But you didn't come. I'm not a bad guy. Be my friend" I said stretching my hand out.

"I'm Park Chanyeol, age 6. Yes I will be your friend." "So you will be with me till I grow up and become huge" I said making showing tall with my hands. "It's not huge it's tall. Yes I will be your friend when you grow tall but I will be taller" he replied. We started meeting everyday at the same time to play.

A few months later he started wearing rubber gloves when he came to play. He said he would hurt me if he touched me without them. One day I challenged him to climb a tree with me. I climbed fast but Chanyeol couldn't because of his rubber gloves. "Yoda remove that and come it's really nice here" "nope bakiee I can't I'm not supposed to remove the gloves." "It's okay no one will know you have removed them. I will not tell uncle aunty. I promise. So just come." He finally gave up and removed the gloves.

As he was climbing the tree, the bark caught fire where soon spreading the entire tree. "Chanieee help, I can't come down" I cried. "Jump I will catch you I promise. Jump." He said. Believing him, I jumped. He dint catch me well, so I landed on top of him. Slowly getting up, he held my wrist to check for injury, but my skin started burning too. I was scared and I started running towards my home. "I sorry baekiee, I'm sorry, please come back" I heard him cry.

Present day,
Chanyeol's POV

"I'm sorry, please come back" "BAEKHYUN" I woke up sweating. Hand streched to catch something. I realised I must have slept in my office. Slowly the door to my office opened. He was standing there sleeves of his shirt flooded up, scar clearly visible. "I'm sorry for running away that day. I was scared you might burn me" he said before crashing his lips on mine.