CHAPTER 1

To
Alpha Park Chanyeol,
Fire pack

The royal council has observed that the current beta of the fire pack, Mr Kim Jongdae has not shown any signs of fire element since four years. It has come to our notice that he passed out for hours after continues trials to produce a spark. By this information we would like the fire pack to remove Me Kim from his present title and told a selection for the position of the next beta.

The annual fight will be held in two weeks. This time it will the beta's representing the pack. Choose wisely

Sincerely
The royal pack

"What the hell is this? How can they do this?" Shouted Chanyeol. The frustration and burst of anger ignited the paper he held in his hand. Realising what had just happened he immediately controlled fire. "Chan- ohh I see you received the letter already" said Jongdae in a cool tone. "How can you be so calm about this? They are stripping you from the beta position" asked Chanyeol in a shocked and frustrated tone. "Yes I know, I'm kind off relaxed now. I know you trust with my job but the others don't. I can't even produce a spark with passing out for hours where as others can ignite the entire pack house within seconds. Give others a chance okay? They might be better than me. Don't worry I will always be there as your best friend. Even if I'm not your beta."

"No Jongdae, I'm not losing you so easily. The royal pack has a healer. I will write for them immediately. If they can check on you and see what they can do. You are a born beta. People do bow down their head to you. You have that authority. Please let's just try this one time okay?" "You will not give up will you? Okay do whatever you want. I'm going to the human library." "Yaa why do always travel so far? Is the library of fire pack not enough?" "It's not like that, I'm just planning for my next job after I get stripped from the beta title." " What you will become a rogue and get settled with humans? Have you lost your mind?"

"Being a squib is next to hell Chanyeol. Even though I the aurora of an beta people still do respect me and treat me with basic rights. I always get bullied and taunted. I have had enough of this inhuman animalistic behaviour. But we are animal basically but it's too much to tolerate. Hence I decided to run to rouge." "I'm requesting kris and healer for their presence here" "Do as you wish. I'm off now" said Jongdae exiting the Alpha's office. Chanyeol immediately wrote the letter and sealed with the wax. It indicated it's confidential.

Next day, when Chanyeol was busy looking at the training grounds, Kai popped out of Air. "Holy fuck Kim Jongin. Why the hell can't you just walk normally. You don't have to scare me every single time." said Chanyeol trying to calm himself from the sudden arrival. "Why walk when I can teleport? Here is the letter. I guess it says they will be arriving in three days. They also warned you keep a beta ready incase things don't work out in your favor."said Jongin handing him a letter "Why did you read it? Isn't it addressed to me?" Jongin just shrugged and started at the training ground. "Do you think you can find anyone as good as Jongdae in combat among them?" "Not even half. That's what I'm afraid off." "I can join you, like Luhan replaced Lay in wind pack. If you don't mind." "Then will you get that royal chef to my pack too? If you convince Kris to send him along with you I will take you in. What say?"

"Yaa, you think I have something towards him don't you?" " Not just me every single wolf knows not to mess with royal chef, if they do they will have to face royal council's vice president. But I still don't understand why do you protect him?" "To be frank I don't know myself. When I found him almost half dead near the border, I just felt that I need to protect him. You have known my anger issues but when he is around he keeps my anger in check. He makes me do things that Kris tried and failed for years. Can I tell you something? It should be between us?" Chanyeol nodded.

"I guess he is my mate. I don't why but I always keep smelling fresh grass, cinnamon. Even if I take him to the dark chambers, I smell these sent if he is around. Believe me I asked Lay, Tao and few other kitchen staff too. No one said he smells like that. But what I don't understand is why hasn't he shifted till now. We all know he has wolf blood in him and people do smell him like a regular wolf. But it's just me, his scent makes me go crazy" said Kai looking at the horrified Chanyeol.

"What did you say? He smelled like what? Have you lost your mind? Only earth dragon will smell like fresh grass Kai. How can he be an earth dragon?" "That's what even I'm thinking hyung. How can he smell like that. I tried asking him to change his body wash too. Like if that's what making him smell like that. Nothing worked. When I'm standing next to him I feel like I want to rip his head for one second, immediately when his scent hits me I go all soft. We all shifted on our 16th birthday. But he is 20 now still he has shown no signs of shift. Should I go see Lay or should I take him? This is driving me crazy." Chanyeol just chuckled to the younger's question

"By the way, I will take you in with or without the chef. I don't think anyone here fits better" said Chanyeol looking at the training ground. Kai just nodded and disappeared into thin air.