CHAPTER 3

The wedding day came in blink of an eye. The alpha weeding are bit extravagant. They are held in the royal pack in front of the tree of life. They both have to make a blood promise as they say vows in human life. More precisely an unbreakable vow that they will serve to the pack till their last breath and be loyal to thier mate. Thinking about this made Chanyeol's stomach twist. Loyal to their mates, by doing this wedding Chanyeol and Jongdae both knew they were killing their original mates.

Chanyeol just shrugged all this thoughts, it was either his undiscovered mate's head or his today. He gave a final check to the red royal suit he was wearing. He still doesn't understand why they need such expensive suit when they need to shift to their wolf form later that night. The royal guard knocked his door and said "it's time". Chanyeol just looked one last time at his appearance and at the moon goddess hoping for a miracle to happen.

He walked down the aisle and stood by the podium in front of the tree of life. On both the sides of asile was filled with different coloured seats marking their pack. To the left of Chanyeol was the royal committee seated. Looking by the expression of each person, only Kris new about Jongdae's power. The others looked quite amused. May be because the great alpha of the the fire pack is marrying a squib, Chanyeol thought.

Soon the music started playing and they notified about Jongdae's entry. At this point Chanyeol knew no one could save him, not even the moon goddess. Jongdae walked wearing a similar red royal suite but different decoration to indentify his rank. He walked a few stapes and stopped abruptly. His eyes turned red showing his wolf was in control. He looked towards the siting arrangements of the water pack. Minseok, the beta of the water pack stood up immediately too.

This scene caused a lot of confusion among everyone and Chanyeol who understood what actually happened, thanked moon goddess a countless times. He then looked over to Kris who looked like his brain and stopped functioning. A few seconds later, he walked towards Jongdae and tried to pull him towards the podium and continue with the ceremony. As soon as he grabbed Jongdae's hand, everyone heard a loud growl and Kris was covered with ice from toe to hair tip.

Chanyeol immediately ran to rescue Kris as he started melting the ice away. As he reached near the Jongdae, whose face now covered with guilt, Chanyeol was thrown on the ground with a wolf hovering over him. That made many people in the room shift to their wolf form sending clothes flying in the air.

Chanyeol reminded in his human form, but his eyes glowed red. One side was surrounded by the water pack, the other side by the fire pack. The tension was so high as if war would breakdown any moment. Lay stepped in between in his dark brown wolf, purple eyes intimidating everyone else. He growled loudly at the two people in the centre who were ready to fight. "Shift back now" said Lay.

Obeying the royal order, Minseok and Chanyeol shifted back to their human form and a pack member immediately rushed to hand them a pair of shorts. Seeing them others also slowly shifted back to their human forms. Jongdae who was still processing everything happening stood there motionless. "Jongdae, take him out and cool him. We wil-" "Lay" Kris interrupted. "Just shut up Kris I will deal with you later" " Jongdae go. I'm extremely sorry for Kris behaviour and forcing you for the marriage. Now run before Kris goes all royal."

"What the hell did you just do Lay? Who gave you the authority to send Jongdae with Minseok? Chanyeol had to marry Jongdae for the sake of prophecy. Now we will have to wait for another four hundred years for it to come true". He busted angrily and stormed out of the room. Deep inside Kris also knew he was forcing them to marry against their will. Now that Jongdae had a mate he deserved to be happy.

"Rogue found near the pack border. I repeat rogue found near the pack border"  someone said in Chanyeol's mind link. "Are you fucking kidding me? I already had enough for the day, just deal with him yourself" replied Chanyeol cursing at the wolf who had just reported the news. "Alpha, we do need your presence here. The situation here is beyond the control of the wolfs present on protocol duty. We have found him near the border shared between fire pack and earth pack. It's close to the royal pack." "Okay I'm coming. If the situation is not serious, I will be serving your bodies to the rogues tomorrow." He ended his chat with the border wolf. "Hyung, their is some trouble with my pack, I'm heading back." Chanyeol informed Lay. Without waiting for any response from the other he headed towards the direction that was mentioned.

He ran into the woods, cursing every single person he knew for not letting him have a peaceful day. When he was about to reach the destination a sweet vanilla smell stuck him. He growled and followed the scent. He knew he had rogue to attend but the identity of this scent was most important. When he arrived at the place he saw 4 golden brown wolf surrounding a human. "Alpha, he is the rogue we found. He is too weak to shift to his wolf form, we still don't know which pack he belonged to. His smell is entirely different. He smells like gunpowder." Reported one of the wolf when he felt Chanyeol's presence. Gunpowder? Why does this human smell like vanilla to me. He stepped a bit closer to observe the human. When the other felt Chanyeol's presence, his eye balls flashed white just for a second. "Mate" both the wolf growled.