CHAPTER 17

No one's Pov

Royal pack

Tree of life

Kris stood by there looking at the most spectacular sight he had ever seen. The tree of life was healing it self. He was grateful as this happened during his rule. "I guess it's time to say goodbye to the throne and council soon" he thought. He would now be able to give Tao his beautiful panda mate more time. He was in deep thoughts on how his life would be simple and beautiful once he steps down the throne, he was interrupted. A messenger came in to inform that Kris was late for the council's meeting.

The council was formed recently when the water stone was attacked. The great healer and scholar Jinyoung, Yixing's grandfather suggested that the war had to be fought not just by anyone but by the strongest of all power. He advised the king, Kris's father to form a commity of 12 individual powers unique and strong people who can battle the dark. After a long process of selection through deadly fight, the committee was formed. It currently consists of 8 members Kris(flight) the president, Jongin(teleportation) the Vice President, Lay( Healer), Chanyeol (Fire), Suho ( water), minseok (Frost), Luhan (telekinesis), Sehun (Wind). The four seats still remain unclaimed. Many unique powers were seen but, the seat gets claimed only by the strongest and blessed souls

As Kris walked towards the throne room where the meeting was going to be held today. He walks to his throne which is levitated by a few steps from ground level. Jongin looking totally disinterested was on Kris's right. The other six members sat on their respective chairs in two rows facing eachother. "Let's cut the formalities. The annual fight will be in a week. Please start the preparations. You guys will be there judging, battling new pups. I hope you all evaluate the results fairly. As Jongdae has just discovered his true element, he must also participate this year" said Kris looking at Minseok. Minseok nodded in response. "Just because the prophecy, Baekhyun shall not get any special treatment. He will enter the fight with the others. Let him reveal himself to the public, until then his new identity will be secret" said Kris.

"I will let him know your words. I was just wondering if he can make each one of us bow down to him in a single growl, who will face him in the battle ground?" Asked confused Chanyeol. "Someone who doesn't bow down to him." said Kris with a smirk on his face. "What do you mean, everyone bows dow- wait noo!! I'm not going to be your sacrifice. Even though I'm his Alpha and mate, you do know that wolves pride come first. He will rip my neck in seconds" yelled chanyeol. "No questions chanyeol, this will be a fair game and only you will be competing with him if he clears the qualifiers. Now all of you go back to your pack. The qualifiers start tomorrow." Said Kris.

"Does the rules remain same this year?" Asked Jongin getting a nod back from Kris. Then how will kyungsoo qualify? He is the only earth pup." "That's his advantage, no pack members to fight so he will directly face the round two on Wednesday. I know he just shifted, but I think you can help him Jongin." "In two days? Are you crazy?" "I'm still your Alpha Jongin. You will not use that tone." "No your majesty, you are not my Alpha, I'm fire packs beta now, so chanyeol is my Alpha" said Jongin sticking his tongue out. "Whatever. Everyone out now. Comeback with your packs best candidate here on Tuesday night for the grand buffet" said Kris before walking out of the room.

"Aren't you supposed to assist Kris for the tryouts here? Why are you following me?" asked Suho as he noticed Lay walking towards his car with luggage. "Well everyone are leaving the royal palace together. But that's really nice of you to assume that I'm joining you babe. If you really want me to join you, all you have to do is ask" replied Lay with a smirk on his face. "Chanyeol, take Lay with you he wants to help you with tryouts." Shouted suho looking into Lay's eyes. "Okay done. I really-" this time Suho's smirked at the other as he crossed his arms. "Ahhh, what" they heard chanyeol cry in pain. "ohhh okay. Sorry Suho, I already have a handful of people here. The more the mess it's gonna be so it's better you take him" Said chanyeol. Suho just sighed with disbelief as he could see the sparkle in Lay's eyes. "Thanks for the help Baekhyun" lay said sending a flying kiss to baekhyun. He heard chanyeol's low growl.

"Do you want to ride me?" asked Lay. "WHAT?" yelled Suho as they heard someone choke inside the van. "I just chocked on my coffee Yixing. What the hell did you ask just now?" asked Chen popping his head out from the car window. "Well I just asked Suho if he wants to sit on my back and enjoy the wind as I run to the pack house." replied Lay rising his eyebrows at Suho waiting for the answer. "Ohh cool then see you both at the pack house" said Chen as he collected luggage from lay and drove off. Suho was shocked to see his friends ditching him. "Well now shall we babe?" Said Lay shifting to his wolf form. "As if I have a choice" said suho climbing on to the wolf and wrapping his arms around the Wolf's neck. The wolf rejoiced. He let out a happy growl and ran to towards the destination. If only their minds were linked, they would have known how happy the other felt right now.

Luhan and Sehun started their journey a bit early than others. Halfway through the journey, Luhan realises where they were actually heading to. He looked at his mate, for any other person Sehun face was unreadable. But for Luhan it's as easy as blinking. "Are you sure about this hun?" He asked. "I have some serious explanation to make. I don't think I will get want I want, but there is nothing wrong in trying right?" " I'm happy about this choice and I also want to do it hun."