b u s t e d

["We're outside your apartment building, aren't you letting us in?"]

In a moment of panic, I slid my finger to the end button and started biting my nails out of my own anxiety. Just like when I was about to get asked by my terror professor, I felt my heart on the verge of jumping out of my chest.

If this was an ordinary day, I would've appreciated it out of goodwill but not today.

Not when Bright is here.

I turned to the person who was literally the cause why my heart was jumping out of my chest right now. He's playing with his phone in the bed as if nothing was fucking going on.

"Bright!" I ran my fingers to my hair and called, throwing my phone to the bed. I watched him shift to the other side of the bed before turning to my direction immediately raising his brow. He was giving me an expression as if he doesn't know about the problem that we have – the fact that my friends are literally downstairs ... and he's still in my bed acting so cozy and shit.

I walked to his side of the bed and poked his side with my finger. This little...

He squirmed for a second, a common reflex action; then he gave me a glare, "Why did you do that?" he asked, his brows not furrowed.

I bit my lower lip in annoyance, before sarcastically chuckling to myself. He surely doesn't know the gravity of the effect if those dumbasses knew about him crashing in my place.

Honestly, I don't even know why I'm acting so stupid over this issue. My friends know that I know this guy. And it's not like they haven't met him already, as a matter of fact, they already met Bright at least once. It's just that for unknown reasons, we've been really close these past few days – which is weird.

Aren't you just scared that they'll discover that there was a time when Bright crashed over your place?

Or are you just scared that they'll know that both of you kissed?

I nodded to myself. I'm scared of both. I don't want them finding the situation we've been through – most especially the kiss. It was already a disaster when Sammy found out that he crashed in my place once. I can deal with Sammy but I can't imagine what will happen if everyone finds out that we kissed.

WOOOOOOOOIE! I ruffled my hair, What's gotten to me when I did that?!

I wasn't even able to finish my thoughts when I heard the bed rustle. In a semi-slow motion, I turned to where I threw my phone at and poof.

This little shit! I cursed at the back of my head when I saw the phone ringing once more – Khao's name and number flashing in the screen.

If they found me with Bright, then everything will be messy – not only to my side of the story, but also for Bright's. I'm just starting to discover what this weird feeling I have for the guy and I don't want other people to interfere; as much as I don't want to get tied up with someone as popular as him just yet.

With that, even if I'm starting to get comfortable with this big bear, I don't want my friends – or anyone at least - to know what is going on between the two of us. If there is really something going on...?

"Bright!!" I hurriedly pulled the blanket off.

He turned to me, giving me a stare of animosity and mischief before turning back to his phone screen. This –! I hissed, pulling his phone off his hand, causing my obliques to pull out some strength, giving me a slight sting on my side. Owww.