the revelation

"This isn't right, Bright."

I glanced over the football field and shook my head to shake off the sleepiness in my system - in a futile attempt. My eyes were dropping down and with every attempt to stop it, the compulsion gets stronger.

"This isn't right, Bright."

Every time my eyes completely closes though, the face of Win after our rendezvous flashes in my mind together with his words condemns me until now. The feeling after what happened lingered inside my whole being since last night. The guilt I felt was hauntingly painful; the awkwardness was too much to handle. But the pleasure of kissing him had me on edge - something like a sin I cannot regret even if I wanted to.

We haven't talked since then. Win went straight to his room while I stayed in the living room, and 'slept' in the sofa - if that was even considered 'sleeping'; for the whole night, I was just turning and turning; the kiss repeating in my head. The guilty-pleasure it brought was intensely satisfying, but at the same time excruciatingly painful. I admit, it was on a whim. It was not planned and I just happened to act on instinct. When I saw his face up close, his vulnerable state, I, instinctively, bent down and kissed him.

'I shouldn't have done that!' I ruffled my hair and sighed. 'Idiot!' I went on and slapped my own head in the process.

"What's wrong dude?" I turned to the guy who was curiously looking at me with a slight smile on his lips, a water bottle on his hand. "You seemed to touchy today."

I sighed, my head dropped, my eyes fixed to the ground. "I haven't had enough sleep last night." I said. My head was still pulsing because of it. I reached for my temple and stroked it gently outwards.

I saw him frown as he gently tilted his head, heavily looking at the state I was in. "Yeah, dude. You're pale as heck. I think its okay for you to take a day-off. I'll tell the coach." he said patting my back. I gave him a slight nod. He gave me a smile before running back to practice.

I glanced back to the field. I ran my finger down to my hair and sighed. I don't know about him but I can't stop thinking about how soft his lips were and how hot our kiss was. The feeling of pleasure I felt is just too satisfying to let go. I knew it was wrong, but I cannot deny the fact that kissing him wasn't that bad.

The second to the last day living together with Win turned out to be a mess. I just wish I won't make the last day worse.

I grabbed a can of soda from the ice box and when I was about to open the cap when my attention was caught by the sound of my phone ringing.

I shuddered when I saw the name on the screen. It was Win's name - and he's calling me. I took a few deep breaths before sliding down the answer button, bringing the phone to my ear, "Win?"

I heard a few laughs on the other line before an answer erupted from the other side, [It's me, AJ] I sighed in relief when I heard another guy's voice. It was one of twins. [We're having dinner tonight.] I curiously stared at the dirt on the grass and kicked an imaginary can in front of me - though I was just digging a hole in the soil. [...of course, Win is with us.] he went on and said. He probably thought I would go a hundred percent if Win is in the picture.

I frowned. It should be true – if today was just another day – but I'm sure, after what happened last night, I doubt Win would want me. If I do show up ... I'm pretty sure he'd feel more pressured and awkward; I don't want that.