first day (p.2)

The soft wheeze from the air-conditioning and the familiar scent of my lavender air-freshener soothed through my nostrils, welcoming us as we step inside the room, a familiar tug in my chest as I breathed out a rather anxious sigh. I walked inside, removing my shoes on the way, immediately scanning the room.

'Hmm.' Slowly, I crept inside the empty room, immediately noticing the small changes inside.

'Oh.' The room seemed normal at first, but it wasn't. The ambiance changed, the 'feel' changed. And that change, even if it was minimal, was foreign. I crooked my forehead, pouted, and held my breath, turning to look at the direction to my room, then to the kitchen. 'Yeah' something was missing.

And then a realization hit my senses. It wasn't something, but someone that was missing. 'The big bear' I sighed as I utter under my breath.

Of course, I asked Bright to go home. I another sigh escaped from my lips. 'Of course he will.' I thought as I shake my head. 'You asked him to go home.' And then another sigh came out.

I should not feel anxious because I was the one who asked him to go back to his place after all. Well, it can't be helped. Things happened and he really needed to head back.

The soft slam from the door woke me up from my thoughts and a bitter smile sprung from my lips as they parted for a sigh. 'He could've sent me a text though.' I bit my lip, feeling my unresponsive phone in my pockets.

Truth was I wanted to spend my time alone with Bright. Although this relationship is a taboo in the eyes of others, I really wanted to treasure these feelings I have for him, at the very least. This was the first time I've recognized my feelings – for him or for anyone.

And now, he's not even here. I moved to ruffle my hair, cocking my head, slouching in place. With him engraving his presence over every corner of the room, now that he isn't here, I just can't help but to feel really sad and melancholic. I feel listless. And I don't know what to do with this feeling. This is new and I just... Damn, Bright. What did you do to me?

"-in... Win!"

Ohshit. I almost jumped when I heard mom call to me. I felt my heart thump wildly in my chest as if I got busted watching porn. The raw feeling of fear and shock combined crept through my skin and crawled through the deepest of my muscles.

I held my chest, softly patting it before turning back to my mom who just entered. "Ma." I whined. "Don't startle me like that! You almost gave me a heart attack." I replied, still clutching unto my chest.

She turned to me, her face painted with a glint of shock and innocence. "But I've been calling you for ages." she muttered. "You were spacing out."

Can't deny that. I sighed. I was really thinking about Bright, that I forgot I was not alone in the room. With another sigh, I gave my mom an awkward nod before clearing out the way for her. Sorry mom. Instead of taking care of you, I'm thinking of somebody else. I followed my mom inside, disheartened by the thought.

"By the way mom, we talked a lot during breakfast but I haven't really asked how your flight went, did I?" I awkwardly opened the topic in an attempt to change the topic and at the same time make myself forget that for a minute I actually forgot about her and only thought of Bright. Which is something a son shouldn't do.

She curiously looked at my face, tilting her head. As if to read what was on my mind. Then a slight, awry smile blossomed from her lips. The way her lips curled into the smile, showing her little dimple on the side of her left cheek didn't give me a peace of mind, but instead, I was terrified. "Sure. I feel like I'm still jetlagged, so sleeping would help." she meaningfully remarked, even raising her brows as if to tease.