desperation

The only thing that came in my mind at that moment is...

I'm fucked.

No one in their right minds would want to be in Bright's position - that is for sure; and I only just realized it now. At this very moment. It is all because he was so glad when he walked inside the door. It is because I felt guilty when I saw his smile. It is probably because ... I am regretting this whole thing in the last minute.

No. This is the right thing to do. I don't have anything to feel guilty on.

After a couple of subtle deep breaths, I convinced myself that there is no reason to be regretful at all. The end is not justified by its means. Physiological reactions and confusion amongst men are the scariest. I don't plan to succumb on the notion that 'I think I'm infatuated'-thought and end up getting myself broken.

I need to prove it to myself that it was just another male instinct. Nothing but a mere physiological reaction.

🐺🐰🐺🐰

My attention shifted to the girl who was wearing a modern-jumper style shirt in short-shorts, hair kept in a bun, and a few bangs hanging on her face as she spoke. "I'm Mai."

I winced when I saw a tattoo on her left thigh. It was a Japanese character that reads: 'four'. She also looked like she had bubble-gum kept on her mouth.

"I'm Fang." I turned to the other girl who was wearing a pair of skinny-jeans, a tight-fit shirt, and a pony-tail hair.

I recalled the photo that JJ showed me and sighed to myself. 'These girls are seriously aren't my type.'

If I were to choose though – even though I really don't want to - I would choose Mai than Fang; the latter is obviously 'physically able' compared to Mai. Fang's vital statistics are absurd. She was tall and her waist was probably in 28s? Bust-wise, she's probably cup F. It was absolutely unrealistic for a college student. It could be that her genes are really strong or she was really trying so hard to impress.

But that does not necessarily mean that I like the other one as well. I don't fancy tomboys. And for some reasons, she is the epitome of one. But unlike the other one, she looked normal. Though physically, her front looked like damn board.

Bright's subtle sigh brought my attention back to him. He had a smile on his face, but his aura tells me otherwise. His eyebrows were raised and there was a slight fury in his eyes. The way he tapped his fingers on his folded arms unusually sent shivers to the depths of my skin.

"Uhm..." I turned to the girls. The smiles on their faces were obviously awkward. "Can we take a seat now?"

"S...sure -" I pursed my lips and held my breath, looking back at the girls. "We haven't introduced ourselves yet." I heaved a sigh of relief when I saw Bright's face brighten up, his smile felt genuine. "I'm Win and he's Bright." I said, turning to Bright.

"Yeah. We were informed." Mai said, pulling the seat to my side. Fan, on the other hand, sat next to Bright. HA! It actually looked like they planned it beforehand. I knew it. "Shall we order?" Mai raised her hand to call the attention of the waiter.

I sighed in relief.

I think this will end up better than I think it will be.