fallen

Loud.

The last and only thing Win noticed was the loud thumping of his wickedly, crazy heart; and it was really loud to say for the least. So loud that he'd been anxiously clutching his chest, afraid that the other person would take notice.

The faint lights that reflected from the window pane already refracted in his eyes from the strain of staring, unblinking.

Sigh. He managed to puff out. The distinct beating was still there, but it wasn't as hard as it has been. Regarding for the reason, he damn knew it and for now, he had no intention in denying it. It was because Bright was sleeping beside him.

But it was not because of the football team's ace; instead, it's because of Win himself. You could say that it was an after-effect or such. Because he has been suppressing his feelings for long, not recognizing it; it had grown without him even noticing. The heaviness of his heart was caused by the same feelings going haywire and it's equally bad and troubling.

Shit. Just as his vague dreams disappeared, it was replaced by the predicament he was in. Honestly, he doesn't know if it was equivalent exchange.

To think that Bright wasn't even doing anything and his heart just went on to react on its own means something else. He had been ignoring it but it seemed like those feelings came back to bite him.

Win bit his lip, finally glancing over the guy who was lying face up, with both of his hands at the back of his head – as if he owned the bed or something. Isn't this your fault? His soft stare, turned into a glare for a second.

He sighed, once again trying to think back rationally.

Actually, this wasn't supposed to be their sleeping positions; it just happened that it became like this because of a rather stupid decision. A few minutes ago, they argued as to who will be taking the bed and who will be sleeping on the couch. Win, as the room owner, of course showed his hospitality by giving the bed to the tired and weary Bright, however the other party declined saying he'd sleep over the sofa. It was an endless stalemate so to balance out, both of them decided to share the bed in the end.

Then another sigh escaped from his lips as he cleared his throat. And it proved to be a very bad choice.

Once more, he glanced at the cool footballer beside him. For Win, Bright isn't just an ordinary guy. Even though at first, he had not piqued his interest, as time went and Win slowly got to know Bright, he realized that he isn't half-bad. And that's when he took notice of his good points.

Lucky for you to be just sleeping nonchalantly while I'm here writhing in pain because of this stupid beating in my chest. Win pouted, trying to think at the back of his mind. Hey. I squinted his eyes and turned away, giving up to talking himself. "It's not like you're awake to answer me anyway" Win's eyes widened in shock when he heard his voice echoed in the dead silence of the room.

He then pressed his lips together, gently slapping them with his fingers. Of all the time I can be an idiot, why does it have to be now? He lamented, shaking his head in embarrassment. Win was supposed to be talking to himself but it just came out unexpectedly.

Sometimes, his impulsiveness as a man would just come out – and it would only haunt him in the end. Just like this one.

"Oh shit. Oh shit." he inaudibly muttered, covering his lips together; "Please be asleep, please be asleep, please be asleep." he took a few deep breathes, repeating the same phrase over his head.

However, Bright's voice briefly shattered his little ounce of hope he had for his prayers, making his heart almost burst out from his chest. Bright grunted "I am." Win felt the bed move as his bite to his lower lip made himself bleed. "I can't sleep." Bright relayed.