first day

The sight in front of me was enough to jolt me up from my daydream; the excitement died down and all left was a bit of fear and surprise.

"Ma!" I raised my voice a tad bit out of surprise, "What are you doing here?"

She raised her brows and frowned, "Why? Am I not allowed to see my son?" she asked, crossing her arms to her chest.

I stammered, glancing back, seeing Bright coming out of the room with a towel in his hands. Before returning my gaze to Mom, I signaled him to return. "N...no. Of course not. I was just... uhmm... surprised." I brushed my nape and awkwardly chuckled. "You should've informed me beforehand."

Then she burst into loud giggles, even covering her mouth with her hand. "I wanted to see you sooner."

"I missed you!" she said before dashing to me, caressing both of my cheeks and kissing me all over with delicate, loving kisses. "How are you? I heard you were beat up? Are you hurt?" she said immediately checking me out, even flipping my shirt up.

"Y...yeah." I awkwardly smiled, glancing glares at the invisible person on the side. JJ. That talkative little -. "But I'm fine, ma." I said, pulling my shirt down.

But that's not the problem right now. The thing I should focus in is the fact that Bright is in my room! What should I tell mom to get out of this?!

I shifted my gaze to her, peering around the room. She appeared to be waiting for me to open the door for her.

With that thought, I awkwardly smiled moving to the side, while outstretching my hand for her luggage. "C...come in, mom."

She let me have her luggage and with a smile walked inside the room while I followed her inside, tailing her wherever she goes – in case she walks inside my room and find Bright.

However, not even half-way, she sighs, shaking her head. "I told you to clean up, right Win?"

I clenched my teeth when I saw mum leaning down to pick up a shirt off the floor. The bright red and white lines and the glaring name on the back of the jersey made me realize one thing: a hand could move as fast as a sound if it meant getting busted.

The jersey was Bright's. No, that's not it. 'The jersey was Bright's!'

He might've left it when he was playing basket with his laundry last night. Damn it... I hissed. This is why I always tell him to put his dirty clothes in the basket properly. 

"When did you start playing football, Win?" she turned to me and to the jersey I was hiding in my back. "I thought you didn't like sports?" she curiously inquired.

I chuckled. "M...ma, I use it for casual use." I picked the lousiest reason ever created. But mom just sighed, crossing her arms around her chest, picking up a random shirt again.

"You promised to clean up when I bought you this condo." She turned to me, showing me the shirt. "Look how messy your room is. You even have... sigh." She disappointedly sighed, looking at the tumbled laundry basket and the plastic bags brimming with trash near the balcony windows.

I hastily kept the dirty laundry up before standing prim, hiding both my hands at my back, "I...I'll clean up later." Gasping, I uttered, still hiding Bright's jersey – and now his shorts too – at my back.

"You're a guy, alright." she sighed. "Whatever."

Biting my lip hard, I inserted Bright's things at my back and arranged her luggage to the side. Good thing that the next thing she pulled out was mine. "I was a bit busy with my deadlines so..."