awkward feeling

"What happened to Win?"

I turned to see another character in this miserable school-life of mine. It was Saint. I called him beforehand and he said he will be late, and now he has come! I've known Saint for a long time – since we were kids. Our parents were business partners and until now they are still. We went to the same school from elementary up until college. He's in the Faculty of Engineering and we see each other from time to time.

"He's devastated." JJ said, he's probably inviting Saint to sit to the empty seat in the table. "He got into trouble with Bright and now Bright has his elective assignment that's due soon."

"Seriously?" Saint scoffed. He went and patted my head, while chuckling. "So what will he do now?"

I decided to stop moping my good-looking face on the table and glared at Sammy, who got the most scolding. He's the cause of all of this, if she was just careful – "I actually don't know. It's either I beg my teacher to give me an extension..."

I saw JJ and Sammy shook their heads, "You were given a lot of time."

I rolled my eyes and sighed, "... or just skip that class for that day."

"YOU ABSOLUTELY CANNOT DO THAT!" I was taken aback with their united response, even Saint joined in. And here I thought he's on my side.

I saw JJ shrug before sighing. "Okay, Win. Think about it this way, you got to attend class because attendance is really important. We can just help you with your assignment!" JJ said.

I nodded. JJ's suggestion is not bad. Indeed, if I skip that three-hour class, I'd probably miss a lot of lessons – and I wouldn't want that. I'm not exactly an idiot, per se. But this class is a performance class - it's harder to catch up on a performance class compared to a normal classroom setting academic class. Also, the painting was just an assignment and I think it won't affect my grades much if I failed to pass one. If I'd just think of it that way, then I wouldn't have to think much.

"I agree." I heard Saint said. "I'd help."

I shook my head, "Thanks but no thanks. I made up my mind." I said. "I won't skip class but I also won't be passing the assignment. After all, it is just an assignment, right? It won't hurt my overall grade if I miss one."

"Actually, yeah." JJ said, "I saw it in the grading system, assignments are in lower percentage bracket compared to quizzes and exams. Even attendance have higher percentage brackets compared to assignments." He said. I actually saw that too.

In our school, the teachers are supposed compute grades the same way. The computation of grades, the percentages and everything that concerns our overall GPA is posted in each Faculty's bulletin boards on the first day of classes. Any changes in one class is permitted, as long as majority of the students agree to the change and the said change will be approved by the dean before the week ends.

"It's going to be fine, man." JJ said, slurping his noodles, "Trust me."

"But how about the Cute Boy Page post?" Sammy asked, she was now cleaning his bowl after eating almost half of the food we ordered. Good thing there are still some for Saint – who actually have been following a diet, so he probably won't be eating much. "It was clearly your assignment."

I sighed. "It doesn't have a name and who cares about Cute Boy Page now?" I snickered. "Just let it be. I probably won't be seeing that saraleo anymore anyway."

"It's actually not bad being posted in that page though." Saint spoke, which got all of our attention. He was blinking his eyes like it was nothing