secrets and white lies

Win's (short) POV

"HUUUUUH?!" I intentionally dragged my voice when I replied to Bright. This guy is unbelievable. We already did all that and he just realized that he lost his keys just now – and not to mention that hotels are too expensive especially if you check-in at night. "You can't stay at a hotel." I just replied,

He nodded his head, convinced without any explanation. "Motel then." He plainly said which sent my system to shut down. He cannot; just a short explanation, but students in school are not allowed to enter motels to avoid misunderstandings between the school and the authorities – especially at night. It is written in the student's hand book and I cannot believe that this guy practically just ignored it and went forward.

"YOU OBVIOUSLY CANNOT!" I harshly breathed out, raising my voice a bit. "Seriously, did you even read the student's handbook before going to school? Are you even a law student?" I reprimanded – I actually sound like a mom, but who cares?

He looked at me, still emotionless, with a part of his eyebrow raised, "Then where should I sleep?" he asked.

I unbelievably shook my head; both of my hands are in my waist, looking at the man in full disappointment. I don't have a choice, do I? I sighed, 'I need to talk to him anyway.'

"Okay, you can sleep at my room." I finally said after having a war inside my head. I knew we just met but I don't think someone who cutely eats noodles will do anything bad. I looked at him slightly nodding, agreeing with the current situation.

I sighed in relief. "It's only a few blocks away." I said and began walking.

End of Win's (short) POV

"Uhm..." the guy who was leading the way suddenly slowed down. "My room is really messy, you know." he muttered in a low voice.

I chuckled at the gesture because I thought it was cute... "You're saying that now?" I said.

I moved my hand to my left pockets and grabbed the tiny metals I was trying to keep a secret to keep them from clanging. I actually lied. When I said that I lost my keys, I actually did not; I have all of them in my pockets all this time. When we were running, I was wearing my football shorts, and I changed to my pants before going to dinner. I just want to talk with Win longer.

He stopped and went inside a newly furnished ten- or twelve- story building. I followed him until the elevator. After his cute warning, he did not say anything anymore. He was silent the whole time, until we reached Room 303. He stopped by its doorstep and using his keys, he opened the door and went in first, before inviting me in.

"Come in." He said.

I followed him inside. I scanned the environment of the place – and indeed, it kind of fits his personality. The walls were painted black but the furniture was kind of lively anyway so it wasn't too gothic. For a condo, it was also quite spacious – well, compared to mine.

"You can just leave your things by the door." He said keeping my shoes in his rack. "Come in and follow me."

I hid my keys inside my bag, did as I was told and followed Win inside. He went inside a glass panel, yeah there was a door right there, and what welcomed me was a queen-sized bed. This is probably his room. It was spacious. It probably took almost half of the total space, and except the refrigerator, I guess all appliances are inside this room. There's the television in front of the bed and hi laptop on the table beside the bed, there was also a lampshade and his swivel chair, some documents and the canvass I gave him the other day. I reached for it but when I was about to, I heard Win's voice echo from somewhere, "You can sit on the bed first." I heard him say from the inside. I leaned forward and saw a faint light coming out from the corner; I think it's his walk-in closet.