keys

'I hate cliché stories. That scenes where the main lead walks in a downpour, then the leading man comes up with an umbrella and gives it to the main lead before running away shyly; or when the main lead trips on her tracks then the leading man catches the lead then they stare into each other's eyes ...? I can only puke.'

And damn, I won't let that happen to me.

I rolled my eyes and sighed while pulling my phone out from my pockets. I browsed the contacts and contacted JJ. I told him the details and asked him to hurry before sitting across Bright who was still dumbfounded with what happened. His mouth agape, and on the verge of smiling.

"What?" I raised my eyebrows and looked straight at him. I can only see his silhouette thanks to the shade of his white shirt and his fair complexion, added with the light outside the classroom – without them, I can't even see him at all. And I doubt he can see me, I sat across him and the light doesn't reach to where I was. "Did you really think we'll be trapped here all night?"

"No..." I heard his low voice, but I can see him smirking from the slight picture I was seeing in front of me. "I was just thinking 'ah, this guy is an idiot,' or something like that." his low voice turned to a smug chuckle.

I frowned. Here he is again, being a saraleo.

"I mean no offense." He said after a few moments of covering the whole classroom with his soft, insulting chuckles (lol). "I just couldn't fathom why didn't you know that all classrooms in the SciTech Department have double locks."

I rolled my eyes in disappointment. It is because I was in a hurry – I was chased, right? But yes, he was right. SciTech Department has double locks door in all of its classrooms because of the chemicals and other volatile things inside. It's for safety purposes. Double lock doors are not really uncommon; most of its keys are customized - sometimes are computer generated on identification cards. It costs a lot and oftentimes used by companies and banks. How the mechanism works is simple, once you close the door – it locks. When you're inside, you need to have a key to open the lock – or just plainly open it from the outside with a pass code; to completely lock the door; you need to lock it from the inside then close it from the outside.

"By the way, why are the seniors chasing after you?" he went on, asking.

I glared at the person on the other side of the room. For your information, they were chasing me because of you.

"You bring me nothing but misfortune." I muttered, "But I should thank you for fixing my assignment." I said, in a voice that was sure can be heard.

"Is it because of me?" I turned to Bright. His eyes were reflected with the light thus glistening. "Are you in trouble, Win?" the smile he was wearing faded, now he was just wearing a mysterious, dark expression on his face. I don't know if he heard my first words that I said but he seemed ominous.

I felt my hackles rise. His eyes tell me that he isn't joking like before, but at the same time, I felt safe within his watch. Although I wanted to ask how he knew my nickname, I couldn't even speak another word. The aura he is emitting silenced my damn mouth in almost an instant.

"They ..." I took a deep breath, when I finally was able to break free from his gaze. "...got the wrong idea. They thought I was your boyfriend." I sighed, "They wanted you so they wanted to use me to lure you."

I clenched my fist in annoyance, "Look, I explained that I was not but they still insisted that I was, like seriously?"

"So, that's why you were running?" he said before I heard him click his tongue, "Can't you fight them off?"